2.5 months post op gynecomastia surgery, will my condition improve in the future? (photos)

Hello....I hv gone through a gynecomastia surgery 2.5 months ago...lipo with gland excision...I hv some scar tissue on my right chest....and on my upper chest on left side...I had a talk with ps...he told me to wait full 6 months....please comment on my position...will this improve? Or these are swelling or left over tissue

2.5 Months Post Gynecomastia Surgery

After your #Gynecomastia #surgery, the #incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.
Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Wait 6 months is correct

I agree with your doc.  Things tend to improve from 2.5 months to 6 months.  Skin tightens, swelling subsides.  If at 6 months things still look puffy then a revision can be discussed but my guess is you will be happy by then.

Tim Neavin, MD

Scar tissue after gynecomastia surgery

Your best option is to wait the full six month.  If it is residual breast tissue then you may need a revision.

Expect improvement even 2 1/2 months after gynecomastia treatment.

Your plastic surgeon is correct. It may take more than six months for the final operative result to emerge on the chest wall due to resolution of swelling.