I am 21 years old and suffering from extreme hair losing for 1 month. I want to know the exact treatment of it. (Photo)

Hii… i am 21 years old and suffering from extreme hair loosing.. Before i had a large quantity hair… but within 1months my hair became half … and a bald patches occured in the middle of scalp… and i am surprised by this sudden incident… later i consulted with a doctor who prescribed me a vitamin b nd zink tabs and androanagen and a ketoconazol shampoo… bt after using this there is not any changes … and i also use coconut oi with fenugreek seed so please tell me something good… i am very tensed Thnk you…

If you are having hair loss issues and would like to know the cause, it is best to see a doctor for an examination.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

You need a scalp biopsy

There are many causes of sporadic hairloss and a scalp biopsy is the only way to find the cause and treatment options. Find a doctor who can do this ; hair restoration practice or dermatologist.

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone

I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate your hair loss and consider the best treatment options. Non invasive options include PRP/progesterone or transplantation for improvement. Best, Dr. Emer

19 and hair loss?

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Half the hair in 1 month: Possible causes

There are many causes of hair loss. You are best to see a dermatologist for an up close exam, review of your medical history and blood tests. You require several blood tests at minimum.
Many patients who feel they lost half their hair in a month really lost it over a longer period which makes the possible list of causes a lot longer.
If you really had full 100 % volume hair one month ago and now have 50 % volume, there are only a limited number of causes for a 21 year old female
1. telogen effluvium2. alopecia areata3. anagen effluvium
The first two are most common. See a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis and discuss treatment.

Jeff Donovan, MD, PhD
Vancouver Dermatologist