1. PRP, medication or Transplant, which one. (photos)

2. What qualification/degree i look for while consulting a doctor or dermatologist. I have been suffering from hair loss for about 3-4 years. I am very confused about it. Whatever hair I have on my scalp are gray. That's another issue, but I am more worried about hair loss. I have no clue where to start from or should I even see a dermatologist. Hair treatments are expensive and that's one of the reasons I never opted for a dermatologist. Now, situation is worsening and I feel if I don't do it now, then it's going to be very late.

Hair Restoration

Thank you for the question. All 3 treatments that you have mentioned are something we offer here in my practice and can all be used in conjunction with each other proving excellent results.  It is important at this point to maintain what you have, and to slow down the rate at which you are losing your hair. Medication may be key in that aspect.  A combination of PRP and Neograft Hair transplant surgery may be the next step in restoring what you have lost, by encouraging new growth with PRP in the Crown area and following with a transplant procedure to rebuild your front hair line filling in your temporal area and so on.

Hair transplant Plus a non surgical treatment will do

Hello, Rahul. For what I can see in the pictures you provided, your priority is to slow down the rate of your hair falling. To restore the hairline and density you will need a hair transplant. We usually combine treatments on order to achieve better results. PRP has great results and can give your newly transplanted hair and extra push to grow successfully.Through a consultation a Hair Doctor will be able to determine the number of grafts needed to achieve your goals.Best of lucks

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Loss Treatment Options

Thanks for your question!  You could benefit from all three therapies you listed - medication, PRP and hair transplantation.  When I perform hair transplants I like to also include PRP in this treatment.  I do both scalp injections of PRP preoperatively and I like to soak the harvested grafts in PRP before transplanting.  This in combination with rogaine can give you an excellent result.  Be sure to do research before choosing your surgeon and feel free to get several opinions from hair experts.  Best of luck to you!

PRP vs transplant

From the looks of your hair, you would most benefit from a hair transplant. This assumes you have a good donor site. I think you are past the point of benefit from PRP alone.  To find a great local hair physician, look at reviews, certifications, before/after pics, and the website. Meet with the doctor, and trust your gut.
Best of luck with your hair restoration journey.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Hair transplants or PRP

You need to be evaluated to make sure you are a candidate for hair transplantation. If so, this is a far superior option for you than PRP

Hair Restoration with both medical therapy and surgical treatment

Most patients in your position with your pattern of hair loss are eligible for hair transplant, injections with PRP and medical therapy such as Propecia and Rogaine.  You could potentially benefit from all 3, but the hair transplant is likely to make the most difference. 

Kevin Ende, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon