Is profractional and microlaser peel improve my acne scars? (photos)

Is profractional and microlaser peel improve my acne scars? Im a filipino with brown skin. Is there any complication associated with profractional. Thanks.

Yes, it can but microneedling is better for acne scars in your skin type

Yes, my go to device 5 years ago was the Profractional erbium laser - Fractional mode, maximum of 22% density. It can improve your scars, but it also has a high chance of PIH or skin darkening. Less than a CO2, but still significant. Now a days I prefer INFINI RF as the treatment of choice. This is NOT a laser, and produces even better results than a CO2. All the best,Dr Davin Lim, Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Profractional and micro laser peels must be done very carefully and very lightly on your skin type.

Profractional and micro laser peels must be done very carefully and very lightly on your skin type. These treatments must be more aggressive for acne scars. Profractional is good for acne scars but might require a series of treatments. Micro laser peels will have minimal affect on a be scars whatever the skin type because a micro laser peel is by definition superficial.

Laser peels for acne scars

Based on your skin type, you may be better served with Ematrix fractional RF treatments rather than laser peels. Lasers can often increase your risk for pigmentation and should thus be used judiciously. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

ProFractional peel for acne scars

Both the ProFractional and the NanoLaserPeel are designed to improve the look of acne scars. It's important that you consult with a dermatologist/cosmetic surgeon and be evaluated to see if these lasers are right for your skin condition and type and to assess any possible complications. Best of luck.

Michael E. Jones, MD

Acne Scar and Laser Treatment in Dark Skin

I would be cautious about who does your co2 laser resurfacing if you decide to do that, as there are risks of becoming more pigmentated from the procedure.  My suggest is to consider less invasive treatments such as microneedling and/or clear and brilliant or fraxel laser first.  Find someone who is experienced in lasers and scar treatments and knows how to treat skin of color.  Best, Dr. Emer.