I want a fat transfer to 200 cc. The surgeon says I need to put 500 cc of fat transfer in each breast to get a 200 cc. (photo)

I am not looking to have much larger breasts I would just like them fuller, naybe full B cup to C cup because up I really just want them fuller the most is 200cc but like I said the doctor that I went to see says that he would have to put 400 cc in each breast to achieve the 200 cc look I'm looking for and I want to doubt that sounds correct

Fat transfer to breast

I do not like to transfer large volumes of fat to the breasts. Small volumes for upper pole fullness are ideal. True- more needs to be placed for overcompensation since approximately 70% or less may ultimately remain.

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your question. About 60-70% of the grafted fat survives.  At 6 months you will have a good idea of your results. Some women have a second or third procedure which continues to increase your volume safely. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Fat

It is true that not all the fat transferred survives. It might be safer to do two transfers than try to transfer such a large volume in one session. Or, you might want to consider implants with just one surgery.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Fuller Breasts with Fat injection

Sounds like your surgeon is giving you good advice.  Approximately 60% of injected fat survives.  Injecting larger voumes of fat increases the chance of oil cyst formation necessitating future procedures. Subsequent fat injections may be required to obtain the results that you may be looking for. Please consult with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Fat transfer to breasts

From your photo is does look like you are an excellent candidate for fat transfer to your breasts. In general, 50-75% of the fat we inject remains, so accounting for this, we would inject a bit over double the goal retention amount. A transfer of 400-500 ml of fat would be reasonable to reach this goal. I find also that thinner patients have a higher retention rate because their fat cells seem less fragile and there are more cells per ml. 

Tracy Kayan, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Fat transfer is analogous to planting seeds in the ground. If not done correctly the ability for seeds to germinate can be compromised. This can be very technique dependent and can significantly vary between surgeons. Ideally, overgrafting should absolutely be avoided because this would certainly lead to a higher rate of loss of fat. In your case, it would appear that a 200cc volume would be reasonable and, in my experience, about a 30% loss of fat would be anticipated. This would, therefore, require approximately 300 CC's. I do not agree that 500 cc's would be appropriate (unless the surgeon significantly dilutes his solution leaving a significantly lower overall amount of actual fat volume) this would likely significantly over graft and lead to higher rates of complications. I also believe that in your situation, Brava Dome expansion would likely be of benefit as this would increase the amount of volume that could safely be transferred and also potentially increase the long-term survival of the fat grafts. In any case, I would certainly recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in the many aspects of fat transfer and breast surgery. Also please feel free to visit the mini videos on my website that thoroughly discuss these Concepts revealed many examples of how fat transfer can be applied. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation by fat transfer

Hi,First of all, based on your photograph and the amount of size increase you are looking for, you look like an ideal candidate for breast enhancement without an implant by means of fat grafting (also called fat transfer and lipofilling).Your doctor's assessment seems about right to me. In most practitioners hands there is 30-60% loss of the injected fat over the first few weeks and months, so to achieve a stable result that you are happy with it is necessary to overcompensate. The amount by which each practitioner will need to do this will vary, as the amount of fat loss is technique-dependent. Your surgeon should know what is right for him/her.I hope that helps and good luck!

Fulvio Urso-Baiarda, MD, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation with fat transfer

Hi,Thank you for your question and your photos.  You are starting with a very nice shape, and a modest enhancement with 200CC would look great on you and more than likely create a B cup.   Fat is an excellent means of achieving a modest enhancement.   During  the healing process there is some resorption of the fat so it is necessary to overfill the breasts by at least double the desired volume(often more is required).  Hope this helps.  Good Luck,  Beverly Friedlander, MD

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon