My cosmetic surgeon is recommending doing a facelift and upper and lower eyelids at one time. Is this reasonable?

Facelift with a blepharoplasty

Yes, it is very common to perform a facelift and a upper and/or lower blepharoplasty at the same time. Perfectly safe. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation

Hello and then you for posting your question. 

There are a lot of procedures that contribute to facial rejuvenation for patients. Seeking a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is reputable to determine a plan is a great first step. Full facelift and upper and lower eyelid operations are frequently performed in the same operation. 

Best of luck to you!

Multiple Facial Procedures

It is common to do facelift , upper and lower blepharoplasty at the same setting.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experienced for a natural look.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Facelift and Blepharoplasties

It is common practice to perform eyelid surgery at the same time as that of a facelift. This facial rejuvenation combination addresses the two most common facial concerns of aging…the eyes and the neck.

Combining Operations

You can certainly do those procedure in one operative setting.  It is common to do these procedures together because the end result of both procedures compliment each other nicely.  Make sure your surgery is performed in an accredited surgery center and by a surgeon who is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Take care!

Timothy A. Janiga MD, FACS

it is quite reasonable to perform a facelift with upper and lower eyelid surgery at the same time. Many surgeons including myself perform the set of procedures in one sitting. If you feel  uncomfortable with having so much surgery you could always do the facelift alone and then the upper and lower eyelids and a separate procedure. The important thing is that the procedure is done in a certified facility and by a surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Good luck to you.

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Good result with upper and lower eyelid surgery and facelift

This is almost the norm with aging face surgery simply because you are addressing the eyes which can have a dramatic improvement in your look AND the jowls and tightening up the neck soft tissue for overall balanced youthful appearance.  You also have one recovery as opposed to separating the procedures.

Johnny Mao, MD, FACS
Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes, it is reasonable to perform both procedures simultaneously under one anesthesia, with one recovery period. Anticipate two weeks of visible bruising and swelling after both procedures. This combination is very common in our practice.

Facelift and blepharoplasty performed together?

Hello, and thank you for the question. Facelifts are commonly performed together with blepharoplasty; this is contingent on one's surgeon determining that the patient is a good candidate for having both procedures. Having the procedures together allows the patient to have only one recovery. It is a more cost-effective option as well. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Most Effective Facelift Procedure on Jowls, Eyes, Neck

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect.

If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.
Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. But whose skin has elasticity with well defined bone structure. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic may also be a candidate for a Lite Lift™.

It is also possible to #combine #surgeries. In fact, I commonly recommend other procedures to go accompany a facelift, such as blepharoplasty or a midface (cheek) lift, to name a few. The combination of multiple of facial procedures may create an optimal result.