Why did my body not accept my implants the first time, and should I try again? Could I be allergic or were they too big for me?

400cc gel under the muscle. Month later implant started to extrude. Had BA removal cleaned out my breast pocket and replaced implant. Another month the same breast extruded again. This time my PS removed the implant and left it out hoping to replace it later. Took cultures sent to the lab returned no growth no infection. Then three weeks later 3 months from the original BA this implant started to extrude also. They have both been removed. My PS wants to replace the implants in a couple months.

Why did my body not accept my implants the first time, and should I try again?

I am sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced; your disappointment/frustration is certainly understandable. You will find that there are very few "absolutes" in the field of plastic surgery. In other words, practices will vary from one plastic surgeon to another.
Personally, I think that the management of breast implant exposure situation needs to be individualized. In most cases, patients are best served by removing the breast implant involved, with the goal of breast re augmentation many months subsequently. Ultimately, timing of the re operation is best individualized depending on the clinical/microbiology findings.
Factors that I use when deciding when to return to the operating room include:  the nature of the infection present initially ( superficial versus deep, microbiology results…),  how well and/or quickly the patient's tissues "heal" after removal of breast implants,  the patient's physical examination with emphasis on softness/pliability of the patient's tissues…  Generally, if in doubt, best to undergo breast re augmentation later rather than too soon.

Generally for patients in your situation, I recommend avoidance of incisions in thinned tissue (do not use the inframammary incision) and sometimes used acellular dermal matrix for additional support/thickness.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.

Breast implants vs fat injection for breast augmentation

Sounds like you had a reaction - seroma to a textured breast implant. Check with your surgeon as to the type of implant. Consider a smooth implant next time to avoid such intense tissue reaction. I have seen this twice and I do not like it. see a board certified ASAPS plastic surgeon who uses smooth silicone implants that bounce!! Good luck..

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Implant issue

Not sure why you specifically had problems but it sounds reasonable that he removed them both. You might want to give it a full 6 months before going back.