After BA do the breasts feel and look natural? what type of silicon implants to make the results appear & feel natural? (photos)

I am a 32A considering a BA the pics would be perfect but I am not sure if they ll be too big. I tried the rice sizers and I got to 350 I but they look a bit big. pelple who have had an A size and picked a 300-350 cc implant breasts look fake they ride up high, the nipples stick out and there is no drooping in the breast at all, I mean some, comparing 1st day post op with 6 wks or 1 year post op they still look un-natural. Is that just what it is? they aren't gonna look and feel natural?

Results that look and feel natural are possible.

A board certified plastic surgeon can help you achieve results that look and feel very natural with either silicone or saline breast implants. Although silicone more closely mimics the look and feel of natural breast tissue, your surgeon’s experience and skill are often a bigger factor in achieving your desired results than the type of breast implant used. Breast implants that aren’t proportional to your figure won't look as natural as breast implants that are selected with your overall shape in mind, regardless of material. For the best recommendation, schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast augmentation.

Natural Feeling BA

Thank you for your questions and photos. It is best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can in person examine you, take key measurements and go over with you your specific aesthetic goals. You may also bring some photos of your "ideal" breast augmentation look to your appointment as well. My consultation is done at no charge, and is meant to help you get the best aesthetic result. Also included is a review and discussion about the need for a breast lift, incision location, implant placement, implant size, shape and material as there are several key differences and some similarities in the types and shapes of breast implants. It is best to see and feel in person the different sizes, shapes and textures of the various implants during a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Benjamin J. Cousins M.D.

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

After BA do the breasts feel and look natural? what type of silicon implants to make the results appear & feel natural?

A properly done breast augmentation under the muscle with a good uncomplicated result should look and feel natural at 3-4 months post op.

Size will depend on a measurement of your breast base width.

If 350 feels to large the photo you show is way too large as they look to be at least 550cc. For more on sizing see below:

Breast implants

It is important to realize that the ultimate breast size and shape depend upon so very many variables. A 300 cc implant on a petite woman with a thin frame may look quite large, but that same implant in an overweight woman may be barely noticeable. Size and shape of the result depend upon the volume of the implant, the shape of the implant, if it is over or under the muscle, your skin and its resilience, stretch marks, the degree of breast sagging, chest circumference, amount and distribution of the natural breast tissue, etc. For this reason, it is impossible to give reliable advice based simply upon height and weight, or even photos.
The only way to approach reliable predictions is with an in-person examination with a board certified plastic surgeon, the use of sizers, 3-D imaging, and most importantly, relying upon the skill, expertise, and experience of your chosen Board-Certified Plastic surgeon.
Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Natural Appearance

Thank you for your question! 

If you feel the implants look too big for you or that you'd be uncomfortable with them, then I suggest going a slight bit smaller. In most cases if patients are to change one thing about their implants it is always almost bigger, but you could be the opposite! Take your time choosing the size that will be right for you. Your surgeon of choice will be able to assist you with your proper sizing based on your measurements. 

With the drooping of the breast or the fold of the breast you may not have an actual fold where the crease of your breast is hidden. I find that patients who do not have a hidden crease to begin with usually do not get one afterwards. Some patients actually want theirs to not have an actual fold and others do not, but it truly is all based upon your own anatomy to begin with. Try to find someone who had similar body type and breast shape to you and chose a similar size. You can usually expect a similar result as those people who are your height, weight, breast type, breast size, nipple placement, etc... 

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you find this answer helpful. 

"The above answer posted has been given without seeing this patient and cannot be substituted for an actual in-person examination/consultation with a medical professional and professional advice; it is only opinion based on photos and/or description of symptoms. Seek in-person treatment with a trained BCPS medical professional for appropriate action and care to be given."

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants

Yes, breast implants can feel very natural depending on how much breast tissue that you are starting with.  Some of the latest implants of silicone material give the most natural feel.

Be sure to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon 

Breast implants

Hello and thank you for your question. Breast implants can look and feel very natural when the appropriate size implant is selected and good surgical technique is employed.  In order to best advise you, an in-person evaluation would be most helpful.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with.   I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

The good news is that implants are available in many sizes to fit women of all shapes and sizes. On average, the difference between two adjacent breast implants is 30cc's. This is only two tablespoons, so there are a number of options. For a natural look, implant choice is based on your breast dimensions. I have my patients try the implants on with a sports bra to get a visual of the post-op appearance. Good luck!

Breast Augmentation Size

I appreciate your concern, because size does matter when seeking a natural looking result in breast augmentation. I ask my patients to bring in photos of breasts the size they desire, because there can otherwise be confusion because B or C cup can vary greatly by brassiere manufactures! I also utilize the implant in the bra technique, with several different implant sizes with a tighter fitting T-shirt to get an idea of what you will look like. Finally, I prefer to meet with my breast implant patients at least twice before surgery, so I am confident that I know exactly what her desires regarding shape and size are. I then have several sized implants in the patient's desired range available in the OR to allow me to tailor the operation to her needs. Be certain your surgeon understands your desires and you should do great as this operation carries a very high satisfaction rate. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Look and feel of implants after BBA

Thank you for your question and photos. By definition, placing an implant will make the breasts feel and look different. How "natural or unnatural" they look, will depend on a number of different factors.  Such factors include implant type, implant size, and the amount of natural tissue the patient has as well as whether the implant was placed below or above the muscle. The bigger the implant, and the smaller the breast, the more palpable and visible the implant will be.  The best answers you will get, is after you sit down with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you and counsel you as well as let you feel various implant types. Hope this helps. Best regards.