Can I remove my nose hump without surgery?

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty

There is no nonsurgical way to lower the dorsal hump, but sometimes making the radix (area of the bridge above the bump) taller, or augmenting the radix, will result in a straight profile and the illusion of hump removal.

Seeking an expert in nonsurgical rhinoplasty will give you the best result in the safest manner.

What is a non-surgical rhinoplasty?

In a “liquid”, or “non-surgical” rhinoplasty, a combination of Botox and facial fillers are injected to achieve the desired result without a scalpel. In the right candidate, a Liquid Rhinoplasty can even out irregularities along the bridge of the nose, make the nose appear straighter, raise the nasal bridge, or camouflage a dorsal hump on the profile view. Although you are technically adding volume with filler, the end result is often a nose that appears smaller and more refined. The idea is to change the way light hits your nose, creating a kind of semi-permanent contour makeup on your nose. During a liquid procedure, ice is used to numb the skin, and small needles are used to inject filler and/or Botox. Not all nose concerns are amenable to liquid, non-surgical, rhinoplasty, but if you’re among the lucky (or unlucky, depending upon how you look at it), you can skip the pain and recovery of surgery. Results are dramatic and instant. I suggest seeking out a board certified injector with experience doing non-surgical rhinoplasties, as there is definitely a learning curve. Good luck!

Dara Liotta, MD