I am 18 years old. I have little hair on my moustache. What should I do?

Facial hair growth is a genetic trait. If you have very little facial hair there isn't much you can do to increase the growth

Facial hair growth is a genetic trait.  If you have very little facial hair there isn't much you can do to increase the growth.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Little hair on moustache

Although structure of your moustache and beard is related with your genetics, you should wait for 22-23 ..ıf you have still lack of density on your moustache you may plan a  restoration surgery with FUE.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Mustache growth

Many young men want to accelerate their beard and mustache growth and ask about it. It takes age (genetic triggers which occur in family lines) so if you want to find out when your beard will grow out, you need to find out when your father or grandfather started to grow their beard. Hormones should have kicked in nicely by the time a man reaches 18 but he must wait out his genetics as hormone alone are not responsible for the onset of beard grown. Beard transplants can be done when the young man is a bit older (over 25) if the beard has not grown in yet

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon