Nipples are Still Puffy 2 Months After Gynecomastia, Is this Normal? (photo)

I am worried my Nipples are still puffy. Please tell me how long they will remain like this and whether this condition is OK or not. Please answer Fast

Nipples are Still Puffy 2 Months After Gynecomastia, Is this Normal?

You are likely experiencing residual gland tissue. If it persists you may need additional excision. 

Seek a plastic surgeon with specialty training in #gynecomastia surgery, has great photos, and is an expert in male breast reduction.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Puffy Nipples After Male Breast Reduction

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Puffiness after surgery

For about 6 months, swelling can persist. This hides the results of your surgery. Wait it out for a few more months and see if this improves. If it doesn't return to your surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Ronald Levine, MD

I would give yourself 6 months after surgery before considering a revision.  Additional liposuction or direct excision may be required.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures and male breast reductions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Photos suggest residual tissue

Your photos suggest residual breast tissue.  This is especially common following liposuction as the subaerolar glandular tissue is firm and resists suction removal.  Fortunately, revision with direct excision through a periareola incision is an effective treatment for this common problem.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Appears as residual areolar breasts tissue. Best to be seen in person to determine this issue. Possible revision may be needed.