I Have Puffy Nipples Even After 8 Weeks of Gynecomastia Surgery(excision +lipo ). How Long Will They Remain Puffy? (photo)

It has been 4 weeks and the nipple are still swollen and they point out when i wear white t-shirts......When the puffyness will go...?????

Puffy Nipples 8 Weeks After Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Puffy nipples after 8 weeks

From your photos I suspect that it is just swelling. I think that the swelling generally takes three months to go away. If it is hard and lumpy sometimes steroid injections carefully performed can help speed things up. Check in with your surgeon.

I Have Puffy Nipples Even After 8 Weeks of Gynecomastia Surgery(excision +lipo ). How Long Will They Remain Puffy?

You may need 3 to 6 months before swelling becomes minimal.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Puffy nipples after 8 weeks post surgery for gynecomastia

Everyone heals at a different rate. The majority of swelling usually subsides within 3-4 months.  Best to be patient.

Healing can take 6 months but in your case I think you may need a revision at a year from surgery. Best to follow up closely with your surgeon. Posting a before photo would allow us to compare the result!