I am facing a hair loss problem. I am finding my hair roots weak! Could you help me regarding this?

I am a boy of 18 years and suffering from hairloss since i was 15 . let me tell you how it get started , at the age of 15 i suddenly got a lot of dandruff and which started hairloss along with it but now finally by different products of hair treatment I am now free of dandruff but can't stop hair-loss. please help me regarding this please

Doctor Answers 2

Hair loss at young age

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

you should see a hair restoration surgeon as soon as you can for a consultation. you need your scalp and hair evaluated, as well as the nonsurgical options available to you. the earlier you start, the better off you are in the long run. 

Chicago Physician

18 years old with hair loss?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the HAIRCHECK test will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and put a number on that hair loss (a metric) and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.