I had a mommy makeover almost 6 months ago. I'm not happy with the result. My right breast is lower than the right one. (Photo)
Doctor Answers 6
Revising a mommy make over.
It is best to return to your surgeon and point out what you like about your results and also ask if some improvement could be achieved in the areas you are not as happy with. Be sure to remember there is no such thing as perfect symmetry. Revisions are a fact of life and I'm sure your surgeon would like you to be fully satisfied so address each area that is bothering you. The size of the skin envelopes of the breasts looks different so this may require a different incisional approach to correct the asymmetry. Revision fees may apply but in the end you will get the results you want.
Mommy make-over....not happy with result
Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
- I am sorry you are unhappy - and how thoughtful of you to think of your surgeon's feelings.
- It is normal to return at six months for a follow-up.
- The best approach is to explain what you like about your result and then what is bothering you.
- Have your surgeon examine you and then compare your before and after photos
- Breasts never match and you may find that you were exactly this way before surgery and never noticed.
- Or - it may be something that your surgeon needs to improve for you.
- If you are polite and reasonable, and you are afraid your surgeon will be rude, insulting or insists things are perfect when they clearly aren't - that is uncommon but can happen.
- So the best thing is to go to the appointment with family or friend - for support.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Speaking with your surgeon
Surgeons want their patients to be happy. It is best that you have an open and honest discussion about your concerns with your doctor. Point out specific issues that bother you, don't just say "I don't like it". I think you will find that your doctor will be willing to work with you to try to make it right.
You might also like...
I had a mommy makeover almost 6 months ago. I'm not happy with the result. My right breast is lower than the right one.
Most surgeons, including myself, are perfectionists. We also want our patients to be happy with the results. I would imagine that your surgeon will agree with you that your right breast is lower. I would discuss strategies to improve the unevenness to your breasts. I agree that coming in with a positive attitude makes the discussion go much more smoothly.
Mommy makeover 6 mos ago, rt breast is lower
I am guessing that you had an augmentation with a periareolar mastopexy and that your rt breast probably had a larger skin envelope. It is often tricky to get a periareolar mastopexy to work if one side has more skin in the lower pole. I periareolar mastopexy can certainly be repeated and this can usually be done in the office under local anesthesia. I frequently do touch ups on my patients when extensive procedures have been performed. Good luck.
My right breast is lower than the right one.
Yes, you could get a touch up and correct the bottoming out of the right breast. Also, you have some "dog ears" after your tummy tuck, could be done at the same time. You obviously had an extensive makeover and it is not uncommon to do small touch ups later. If you don't want to upset your surgeon, remember that you get more with honey than vinegar.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.