Are there other treatments than Propecia to stop hair loss?

Hello i would like to know if there are other tretments as pills than propecia/finasteride that can slow down hair loss without having the negativ effect on sperm and as efficient.

Turns out there are over 100,000 products sold in the USA alone to combat hair loss.  So, yes, there are other treatments besides Propecia to stop hair loss.  Options include PRP, laser therapy, minoxidil, nizoral shampoo, among others.  A consultation with a dedicated hair restoration surgeon is indicated.

Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Propecia Alternatives

I agree with the others that there are not many alternatives to Propecia in terms fo medications.  I do consider the effects on the reproductive system a significant side effect. You may consider looking into some other types of treatments.  Some of the new Light/Laser treatments actually have some benefit.  Injections or microneedling with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is gaining some popularity and there is some research to support its use.  It is also very safe.  Finally, new hair follicle transplant technology is promising but expensive.  An evaluation to dtermine your type of hairloss and best options is important as well.  Best of luck!

Drugs other than Finasteride

Unfortunately, finasteride is unique as a treatment for male patterned genetic balding. All other approaches and treatments are not really effective at slowing or reversing the hair loss

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride

There are options for hair loss depending what type of loss you have and at what stage. I suggest seeing an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Medical hair loss treatment option

the only other option besides propecia that is FDA approved for hair loss is minoxidil. It is not a pill, but it is helpful with hair loss mostly in the crown area and there is no effects on sperm count. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon