Does any doctor have a norwood 6 patient for whom he has done only 1000 to 1500 grafts due to low density hair at the back?

Hello Does any doctor have a norwood 6 patient for whom he has done only 1000 to 1500 grafts due to low density hair at the back :With pictures before and after please thanx

NW 6

This can be done and you can get some good results but the expectations are what really mater in this situation so its important to get in person consults for a situation like this. 

Houston Dermatologist

Thank you for your question. To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

1500 grafts for NW 6 not advised

Dear Patricemin,1500 grafts on a NW 6 would not be ill-advised. Your result would not look credible and would likely create an odd look. You should either not do the surgery or commit to a large number of grafts that should include the judicious and efficient use of body hair transplantation. I specialize in treating severe baldness which my UGraft technique allows. If you cannot commit to a large number of grafts for your restoration, you would be better off not having the surgery or using other non surgical means of hair restoration.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

In general 1000 grafts for a completely bald patient would not be recommended since it may not provide a worth while

In general 1000 grafts for a completely bald patient would not be recommended since it may not provide a worth while result.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Class 6 patient treated with 1000-1500 grafts

Assuming you are talking about a full Class 6 pattern of hair loss, 1500 grafts would have little impact on the overall look unless is was restricted to the frontal forelock and you are willing to have the rest of your head bald. This actually can look ok depending upon the artistic nature of your surgeon

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Thank you for the question. Transplanting 1000-1500 grafts is possible however it most likely will not provide density. Also it is important to consider donor site as you have to have enough hair and it would not be too thin. It is best to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Himansu Shah, MD

Low Density Donor Area

This is a question for a full time, dedicated and trusted hair transplant surgeon. You may not be a good candidate if you have thinning in your donor area. 

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon

Restoring a NW 6 with 1000-1500

Patricemic,As you likely suspect, that is a small amount of paint to cover such a large area. Hence either the result will be thin, or the coverage downsized to the most effective pivotal areas to maximize the framing of the face. But why such a small number of grafts? Is your donor limited or is it what you can afford to do? I have techniques to maximize donor harvest that often yield much higher numbers even in patients with lower donor density. Dr. Ballon provided a good answer, but I would remind everyone that no one has donor to waste. It is a limited resource, use it wisely.Sincerely, 
Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD, FISHRS
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

1000-1500 grafts for Norwood VI?

As you seem to realize, that's asking a lot of a small number of grafts. But it all depends on your donor area and your expectations. You need to meet with at least one experienced, ethical, full-time hair transplant surgeon to discuss this. The closest example of a real patient of mine I can give you at the moment is the gentleman pictured in the link below (8 months post-op), but he had about 1800 grafts. And keeping it 100, the photos do not show the back of his head, which still looks like a Norwood VI; on the other hand, you can see what a difference can be made just by addressing the frontal/mid-scalp area of a class VI head. Beats shaving or scalp micropigmentation, in my opinion.

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon