Liposuction of the waist. Is it possible? (photos)

Hi! I want to find out: whether is it possible to do more thin the waist by lipisuction? I have a thin waist, but want to get a bit thinner. Is it possible? And is there any risks in short and long term? Thanks in advance!

Thinning out a thin waist? Watch out for Body Dysmorphic Disorder.

Honey, you look fantastic!  I would be thrilled to get to your waist with the typical patient  we see for liposuction  of the lower flanks.  I like to see about 2 inches of pinch thickness to  even consider liposuction.  I think the risks far outweigh the results and improvements you might get. 

I don't know you, but I suspect you are a perfectionist to the nth degree. One issue plastic surgeons watch for is "Body Dysmorphic Disorder".   These people tend to look at themselves in the mirror alot and obsess about thier appearance.   In these patients, no matter what is done or how  great the results are, it is never good enough.  Just think of Michael Jackson, probably the most well know example of this.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring

Body contouring/liposuction has evolved over the past years and is not just about fat reduction but more so about sculpting and defining. In patients who have smaller problem areas, you want an energy based device to help melt fat and tighten skin. as well, it helps to define and shape the musculature. This type of liposuction requires a specialized body contouring specialist who is trained in 4D hi definition procedures and can do fat removal with both deep and superficial liposculpture. Please see an expert for sculpting and defining procedures, whos practice is dedicated to these types of surgeries. Your body can be sculpted and the fat used to lift other areas like breast and buttock if desired. This type of procedure though requires an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Your waist

you are a thin person, but i think you could get further improvement in your waist with lipo. in your pics, it looks like you could slim the lower waist area, this would continue the thin upper waist into the hip area. it will give a more gradual transition, and an overall subtle improvement in your delicate shape. make sure you go to someone who does a lot of liposuction. the biggest risk for you is over resection of fat, that could leave wrinkling, dimpling and creasing. 

Liposuction to narrow a thin waist

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• You are very slim -
  • Liposuction can only thin the waist by removing fat -
  • And it doesn't look as though you have much fat.
  • BUT sometimes thin women have a little fat that makes a big difference -
  • So it might be worth a consultation to see if liposuction can achieve what you have in mind.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

My over the internet guess is you are NOT a candidate. But only in person examination would allow a final determination... 

Liposuction

You appear to be quite slender and liposuction may not be a viable option. Based on your photos I think your best option would be to visit with a plastic surgeon and be examined.

Candidate for Liposuction?

It's sometimes hard to tell from the picture whether there's enough fat to warrant liposuction. If you can pinch an inch worth of thickness in that area liposuction should be of some benefit. I recommend you find a board-certified plastic surgeon to examine you and counsel you. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

The waist and reduction

For liposuction to work there must be fat to be removed.   You appear to have very little fat.   I doubt liposuction will do much.  Seek a consultation with a ABPS certified surgeon for a definiitive opinion.

Pinch technique to assess capabilities of liposuction.

When assessing an area for possible benefit from liposuction pinch the skin. If there is greater than an inch between your two fingers liposuction may indeed be of benefit.