How can I have a better face profile? Have a sad look on my face all the time because of my heavy nose & upper lip (Photos)

Hi I am 27 year old women. have an upturned thick and big nose on a round face and a heavy little outward upper lip. This gives me a very sad face profile and I am very disheartened by it. I think I will go for a rhinoplasty for a smaller nose but I think I will still have a sad face. Please suggest if something can be done to get it more defined. How much will it cost in general. Many thanks. I am willing to travel for surgery.

Facial Enhancecment

Multiple facial procedures would be helpful in improving your facial look and profile. The combination of a tip rhinoplasty, chin augmentation, buccal lipectomies/perioral mound liposuction and corner of the mouth lifts would all be beneficial. The facial profile would be improved by the tip rhinoplasty and chin augmentation. The sad look would be improved by the corner of the mouth lift. Fat removal would hep thin out your face a little.

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thanks for your question.

There are many ways to address your concerns. The best treatment options for you can only be properly determined in a face to face meeting with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can offer you a variety of both surgical and non-surgical treatments, and perhaps a combination of both. 

This is your face, so please do your research before proceeding with any treatments. Be open to two or more consultations to be confident that you are comfortable both with your plastic surgeon and your treatment plan.  

Best of luck to you. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

How can I have a better face profile? Have a sad look on my face all the time because of my heavy nose & upper lip

Thank you for your question, spiderweb can be best recommeded for your face this is non surgical facelift in addition to Rhinoplasty. 

If you are not happy with the look of your face, you feel that you are getting older, your skin started to lose its elasticity and if you think that this situation is going to get even worse if you do not take any precaution; then you can be a good candidate for “Spider Web Aesthetics”. Most people are afraid of surgical interventions since the complication risk and the results can frighten the patients. Therefore patients are seeking for non-surgical solutions more and more. Spider Web Aesthetics is a non-surgical lifting method developed by plastic surgeon Bülent Cihantimur MD. If you are afraid of having a surgical intervention and you are not happy with the sagging of your skin especially in face, inner arms, buttocks and neck; you should consider undergoing this minimal invasive, safe and effective method.