Buccal fat removal - would I be a good candidate? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 2
Buccal fat removal for chubby face?
- At least in your photo, it seems that you have little buccal fat to remove.
- To get more definition of your cheek bones - consider a small cheek implant.
- It will also give lift and structure to your face and usually reduces signs of aging.
- Have a consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss the changes you would like and the best approach for you.
Buccal fat removal - would I be a good candidate? = yes, you possibly could be a candidate #chubbycheeks #buccalfatremoval
- Lower anterior cheek fullness: this could be addressed surgically with buccal fat pad removal
- Lower posterior cheek fullness: this could be achieving my treating the masseter muscle ( a masticatory muscle) with Botox. The masseter muscle gives bulk to the lower posterior cheek fullness at the level of the angle of the jaw bone
- Overall body fat: weight loss to achieve a normal or low normal weight for the height ( normal BMI) is a must. (most models with chiseled face have are "skinny" and therefore have a BMI in the low normal range)
- Anterior and lateral cheek bone projection: lack of cheek bone projection won't allow to have a chiseled appearance, event if the above factors are achieved. Therefore, it someone has not good cheek bone projection, he or she may require cheek augmentation/ enhancement with either soft tissue fillers like voluma or cheek implants
- Saggy facial skin: young people usually doesn't have saggy facial skin. Patients in the 30s or 40s may have some aging related sagginess that may be improved with soft tissue fillers
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.