Rhinoplasty for natural results? (Photos)

Hi all, appreciate all your professional insight and vast prospective. I'm seeking a overall reduction and looking for the best methods for nostril reduction. Concerning scars on grooves, side and front view are highly undesirable. Please give me your straight feedback regarding this particular nose and possible achievable results for a smaller yet still on the big side more refined, defined and desirable overall nose. I seek to refine my nose not completely change it. Thank you for your time.

Rhinoplasty for natural results?

Frankly, from your pictures alone it is hard to see where the risk/cost of plastic surgery would be worth it. Remember, rhinoplasty is the most difficult surgery we do and your nose can be worse. A board certified plastic surgeon can listen to your concerns, make an examination, do photo imaging and discuss with you what is possible. Be carefull, the enemy of good is better. Good luck

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Natural looking rhinoplasty

The goal of rhinoplasty is natural-looking enhancement that looks spectacular both to the patient as well as others. We don't necessarily want anyone to know you've had work done, so it really must look natural. I'd suggest undergoing consultation with a rhinoplasty expert to discuss your goals & expectations. You'll likely leave the consultation with a much better idea of what would be possible for your nose. -Randolph Capone, MD, FACS

Randolph Capone, MD, FACS
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Requesting Natural Looking Rhinoplasty Results

Dear Superficialillusion, You have some subtle changes that can be achieved with rhinoplasty surgery in the hands of an expert surgeon.  I would suggest that you seek consultation with some experts in the field of rhinoplasty surgery. Since you are on realself this is always a great place to start your search. Find surgeons with many five star reviews and read those reviews. If the majority of the reviews are regarding rhinoplasty surgery then the surgeon most likely denotes a large portion of their practice to this speciality. During your consultation have imaging performed to see the proposed changes and make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page regarding the desired result. Once this is done then review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure that the desired result is attainable in his/her hands and that the after pictures are natural looking rhinoplasty results. Once these steps are finalized you will be able to make a very informed decision. See the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Start with seeing a plastic surgeon

First step is always a visit to a plastic surgeon. Your nose can be refined nicely.  However nostril reduction always requires a scar in nostril crease. Rest of nasal features can be fixed with closed rhinoplasty where surgery is done from inside the nose without external scars.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Rhinoplasty for natural results?

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about what is needed for a surgical rhinoplasty procedure. It is possible to perform an alar-plasty which will narrow the wide nostrils through  an incision placed at the base of the nostrils. The tip can be refined and the bridge line narrowed.

Rhinoplasty for natural results?

A good set of photos as well as the physical exam- are needed in order to answer your question more accurately. In the right hands you can achieve the most natural result-- your nose can be refined, nostril size reduced, etc.. Be sure to seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Natural Rhinoplasty Results

Hi and thanks for your photos and question.  It appears that your nose doesn't have any severe aesthetic issues.  If you want it smaller with narrower nostrils, this can be achieved.  The key is to go to a surgeon with vast experience and see many before and after photos.  Good luck.  Dr. Pontell

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pretty good male nose

in a thorough rhinoplasty evaluation, surgeons need to be highly critical....not to convince patients to undergo surgery, but rather to be meticulous and exacting in establishing a surgical plan....that said, your nose is not bad at all, but would benefit from several subtle considerations 

Your nose is a bit short, flat and lacks tip definition.. the establishment of dorsal lines, a bit of lengthening and tip projection/definition would be realistic goals....I would stay clear away from any alar base resection or nostril modifications 

Good luck

Open rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD