I need help please. Is my skin saggy? If so, what can I do? (Photo)

Hello . My name is Sara. I need help please. When I was 16 I was 200 pounds but I lost weight gradually over two years. I am 25 now. But the problem is I never got a flat tummy . My tummy is jiggly and soft . I don't know if it is loose skin or what . I really need help . I really want to get that flat tummy . Can you please help. I have started to wear belly bands (wraps $ but I do t know if I am doing the riggt thing. Thank you

Tummy tuck

It is not uncommon to have poor skin laxity post dramatic weight loss. You likely need a tummy tuck to remove the loose skin. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

What to do with loose skin

Your photos show me that you have skin laxity (there are some stretch marks that support this finding) and a moderate degree of muscle laxity. There is a nice figure but it needs some refinement! At 25, one should also keep in mind that if you are planning to have children, a tummy tuck now might need a revision after bearing children. If you don't have any definite plan for raising children, then you should consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon to determine exactly what will be needed to restore your desired figure. It will most likely involve a combination of a tummy tuck and some liposuction to reshape your tummy and the adjacent flanks.

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Saggy abdominal skin after weight loss.

Thanks for your photos and question Sara.  You should meet with a local ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon to discuss the option of a mini or possibly a full tummy tuck.  Watch the video above for a discussion of the options for tightening of your muscles and skin.  Good luck. Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca 

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Loose skin

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture and your description you have loose skin. Tummy tuck will address loose skin and also tighten the muscles. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals.

I need help please. Is my skin saggy?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  It appears that your weight loss left you with some loose, saggy lower abdominal skin.  If you have seen little improvement in its appearance with a healthier diet and exercise lifestyle, you will need surgery to make an appreciable change.  This requires a skin resection procedure, such as a tummy tuck in order to maximize your results.  Hope this helps. 

I need help please. Is my skin saggy? If so, what can I do?

Congratulations on your weight loss! It appears that you would benefit from an Abdominoplasty- to remove excess skin and fat. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam

Sagging skin

Thank you for your question.  You are an ideal candidate for a full tummy tuck which will remove your excess, sagging skin and tighten your muscles.  The tummy tuck will provide a very nice, flat tummy.  Consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss further.  Hope this helps!

Abdominal saggy skin

It does not matter your age, after a significant weight loss, the quality of skin was  damaged and nothing like a conservative treatment or procedure will help to fix it or improve it.You are a wonderful candidate for a Tummy Tuck in order to get rid of the saggy skin on abdomen and tighten your tissues in order to achieve a a juvenile look. more accordingly to your age.You have to know that the incision should be placed very low, to be easily hidden under a bikini and also a Tummy Tuck will NOT interfere with a normal pregnancy and delivery in the future. I recommend at least 2-3 years after the TT and definitely gaining lots of weight during pregnancy will ruin your results. If you gain only the average, your results will remain.Be encouraged!! you will be looking awesome.Dr. Cardenas

Saggy Skin or Fat?

Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) is a plastic surgery procedure designed to flatten the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat, and to tighten the abdominal wall. Women and men who have excess skin and/or fat around the abdomen which does not respond to diet and exercise are candidates for abdominoplasty. Many patients complain that they cannot flatten their abdominal muscles through exercise, which also means a tummy tuck may be right for them. One you visit a plastic surgeon for consultation as to the best procedure to reach your desired results, you will find that it is possible to have combined procedures in order to meet all your needs at once.  Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Liposuction, Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift. Mommy makeovers usually include multiple operations.  Brazilian “butt enhancement” can be done at the same time to provide best body contours. Arm reduction or brachiaplasty is also common. 

First of all, stop spending money on wraps. You'd be much better off putting the money in a jar for your surgery. Second, you need to be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. You may be a good candidate for a miniabdominoplasty but you'd need to be seen and examined to make that call. Good luck.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon