Volume loss after Botox brow lift?

On 6 Jan 2016 the doctor injected botox all over the forehead and cheek area. Forehead was frozen and I couldn't raise my brows. I have an indentation in the skin around the inner corner of the eye between the upper eyelid and nose and volume loss in the upper and lower eyelids. Skin now feels loose around the eyes - I can only assume this is due to loss of volume. Its 6 months and I can raise my brows but I have not returned how I was pre-botox because of the indentation and volume loss, why?

Botox and facial volume

Botox does not have any effect on facial volume. I recommend following up with your injector to ensure the best result. 

Volume loss after Botox

Thank you for your question noexcuses. Botox works well to treat a variety of wrinkles in the upper face. Botox is not associated with volume loss around the eyes. Also the results of Botox usually last three to four months and at six months the skin should be back to baseline. Before and after photographs are always useful to be able to visualize changes. I recommend consulting with your doctor for specific advice. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox results and volume loss

Botox usually last 3-4 months and almost certainly at 6 months post injection you should have returned to your baseline. Botox also would not cause volume loss, certainly not after 1 treatment, although multiple treatments have been shown to reduce muscle bulk, usually on the glabella and forehead. I would recommend an in-person consultation with an experienced injector. Also, photos may allow us to comment further. 

Botox and Volume Loss

Botox is a great temporary treatment for wrinkles and does not have any effect on facial volume.  I would compare your before and after photos for a better understanding since you should return to baseline after your treatment since it has been so many months.  Please keep us posted.  Best, Dr. Green

Volume loss after Botox brow lift?

Hello Noexcuses,

A single treatment of Botox would not lead to any volume loss.  The effects of Botox would have lasted for about 3-4 months.  Anything that could be attributed to that treatment should have returned to its pretreatment state.  I'd recommend you follow up with your injector to take a look at before and after photos to better evaluate your concerns.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Results

I suggest posting before and after photos for further evaluation. Botox typically lasts 3-4 months, and after this time your face should return to its previous appearance. Please seek an expert for further treatment. Best, Dr. Emer

Loss of volume following Botix injections

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Typically, the face should return back to its pre-injected state following Botox injections. There should be no loss of volume. See your injecting doctor for full evaluation.
Good luck,