What would it take and what type of grafts are needed in order to restore my old nose back? (Photo)

Hello Doctors! My bad nose job has made me severly depressed, because I really liked my old nose exept for the hump, but now it's all gone thanks to the bad surgeon that did my rhinoplasty. I just want to know if I can get my nose back? I'm suffering alot! I just wanted a subtle change, but I ended up with 2/3 of my nose chopped off. Can I get my high and narrow nose bridge back? Can I get mt tip back? I just want to look like myself again. I wanty identity back. Thanks for your answers!

Old nose

The profile can be raised in many ways each of them has advantages and disadvantages...I would use diced cartilage from the ear or rib without surgicel packing

Revision Rhinoplasty

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and that you are contemplating revision surgery.  From the photos you've posted, it appears that you could improve the appearance of your nose with revision surgery to build the bridge height, narrow the bridge, and refine the tip without making it so upturned.  If you looking to go back to the exact nose you had before surgery, it would be unlikely.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can help you visualize what you may look like after surgery and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty Revision to Restore Old Nose

Rhinoplasty revision to restore old nose. The following suggestions are based on the pictures you submitted. In all revision cases like yours a thorough examination is necessary before discussing  your goals and describing alternative techniques. I would augment your bridge with diced cartilage/fascia grafts, eliminate the polly beak, lengthen your nose with a septal extension graft, and narrow and define your tip.

Revision rhinoplasty could restore some of the structure taken away

Revision surgery can add back height to your bridge and structure to your tip and most likely create improvements that you would find to be better than your current nose.  But it is unlikely that surgery can truly restore your nose to exactly how it was originally.  I would seek treatment from a revision specialist and advise that you be specific about what you would like and hold the surgeon to letting you know how likely it would be for you to get that outcome.  Revision is more difficult and time consuming than primary rhinoplasty in most cases so it is helpful to see someone who does revision as a major part of his/her practice.  One other piece of advice is to try to keep in mind that you are likely feeling regret and negative emotions about your past decision and the best mindset is to be forward thinking and to try not to linger in the past.  

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

Your nose would be improved if the bridge was slightly higher, the tip was more defined and the nose was lengthened.  This can be done with cartilage and fascia grafting.  To make sure your surgeon understands exactly what you are looking for, pre-op imaging can be done.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Cartilage graft to the bridge of the nose

It is possible to build up the bridge of the nose, but  it will never be the exact original nose that  you once had. Cartilage grafts can be harvested from inside the nose, the ear or the rib to build up the bridge line. It's important to know how much cartilage as left on the inside of the nose from the primary rhinoplasty for grafting purposes to build up the bridge of the nose