Is further tip refinement achievable? (Photo)

I had a very successful closed rhinoplasty 12 months ago. I am not satisfied with my nose tip as I like thinner, defined tips. I find mine to be bulky still. Can further tip refinement be achieved, preferably with a closed approach? I do not want to risk ruining what I already like.

Nasal tip revision

To further thin your tip and achieve what the photo shows,  a closed tip rhinoplasty with further reduction and suturing of the lower cartilages and a shield graft would help.  Seek out a consult from a board-certified expert in revisions. Best wishes.

Nasal tip revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

S/p closed rhinoplasty and not happy with the tip

Closed rhinoplasty usually does not affect the tip shape; I would recommend that you undergo an open rhinoplasty to refine your tip. Please see examples below.

Nasal tip refinement

Almost certainly your nasal tip can be made narrower . It is dependent on the thickness of your skin as well as what was done on your prior surgery.    A close examination of you as well as  your operative report would be necessary.

David F. LaPatka, MD
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip refinement

David F. LaPatka, MD
Santa Barbara Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty to Refine Tip

Dear MHB11, You do have some slight asymmetry and fullness in the tip that may be corrected with revision surgery however an examination would best determine a course of action. See your previous surgeon to discuss your concerns or consult with an expert surgeon in revision rhinoplasty to discuss your options. I would suggest if you seek a secondary opinion to request a copy of your operative report so the consulting surgeon will know what techniques were used during your primary rhinoplasty. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty to Refine Tip

Michael Elam, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty for Tip Refinement

The one picture suggests that the tip is slightly wide and that there is some asymmetry in the mid-portion of your nose. An examination is necessary to confirm these findings and discuss your alternatives. If you do not want to return to your primary surgeon consult with a revision specialist. If you elect to have a revision don't worry about picking the surgeon who will use the closed technique but the individual who will give you the best result.

Revision Rhinoplasty for Tip Refinement

Is further tip refinement achievable?

Revision rhinoplasty requires a thorough internal and external examination of the nose, since the anatomy has been altered from the primary rhinoplasty procedure. Also best to obtain the old operative records to find out what was performed on the primary rhinoplasty to make a  plan for the secondary surgery. Think skin in the tip of the nose will also prevent refinement in that area.

Is further tip refinement achievable?