How many syringes would I need of Juvederm?

How many syringes of Juvederm would I need to go from Karlie Kloss upper lip to an Angelina J upper lip? (Also I might want to do a fat transfer to my lips and I can't seem to find a doctor around where I live that actually has before and after pictures.) please if you are a doctor and have before and afters comment below.

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant for a permanent enhancement.  Probably best to start with 1 syringe and see if that provides the desired augmentation.  More can always be added fro a fuller effect.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Lip Augmentation Syringes

Without photos it is difficult to guide you properly. You may need 1 to 2 syringes generally. My preference is to ensure that a patient's desired results fits with overall harmony of the face. You would benefit most from an in person consultation with an experienced and expert physician injector. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Juvederm for

Hello, and thanks for your question. Without a photo, it's difficult to recommend a specific treatment plan. However, most of my patients want around a syringe of Juvederm in their lips. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, Restylane Silk)or Lip Implant or Fat Grafts--- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

Fillers, fat, and implants are all options for fuller, contoured lips. I have many before and after photos of lip enhancement. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip Augmentation: how many syringes

Lip Augmentation is a procedure to enhance the symmetry, shape, and/or volume of the lips. Facial fillers and Fat transfer are both options for this procedure.Facial fillers like Juvederm and Restylane are made of hyaluronic acid. They produce a reliable and consistently good result; however, it is a temporary filler. It is always better to be conservative, so I start with no more than a single 1 mL syringe. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Fat and/or Juvederm

In my practice fat grafts are used for lip augmentation only when the patient is undergoing liposuction and requests fat transfer.  I have however seen the benefits last for 5 to 8 years.  Otherwise we start patients with one syringe of Juvaderm ultra XC and then check the results after 2 to 4 weeks. Rarely do we add more.  There is a limit however to how much expansion with a natural look can be achieved to going from Klos to Jolie may not be achievable.
Meet with an experience board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to discuss your options and enjoy the results.  Do avoid excessive volume since that rarely looks natural.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Juvederm Lips

It's best to start iwth 1 syringe of Juvederm and reassess at two weeks.  Fat transfer to the lips is not very common as Juvederm is a great filler for the lips.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Juvederm for the lips

Thank you for your question skakakzlls. Juvederm is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. It is important to understand that everyone's face is different and it may be impossible to make a person look like a celebrity. Most of my patients start with one syringe in the lips and assess the results two weeks later. At that point more Juvederm can be added if further enhancement is desired. With the variety of fillers now available, fat transfer is becoming less common. This may be why it is difficult to find doctors that are still performing fat transfer. We have before and after photographs of Juvederm in the lips here on Real Self. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician