How many syringes would I need to get this look? (photos)

Hello! I posted a picture of my lips currently and the pictures afterwards are what I would want my lips to turn out like. I dont think one syringe would be enough so i was thinking maybe 1 1/2 or 2cc's? Thank you!

Lip Goals.

Its is difficult to estimate how many syringes you may need. One syringe can be used wisely to create a recognizeable change. Using one syringe at a time also minimizes swelling and allows lips to stretch to be able to hold volume while maintaining a normal appearance. You have nice shape and some volume already in your lips. I encourage patients to bring in pictures of lips they like.  I would recomend starting with one syringe coming back in 2 to 3 weeks and re evaluating.

How many syringes would I need to get this look?

Thanks for your question.  You already have more fullness in your upper lip so the injection would be focused on your lower lip and one syringe should suffice.  Once the swelling has resolved you can determine whether any additional touchups are necessary.  There is additional information on the video link above.

Best wishes

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Lip injections

Determining how much product is tricky.  One syringe will often give patients a noticeable improvement that looks natural.  The great thing about fillers is that you can always add more later.  Visit your injector for a consultation.  It may be wise to start slowly and then evaluate if you'd like more volume after your treatment.  Remember the lips commonly swell, so you can expect an exaggerated look after your injection until the swelling subsides (approximately two weeks). Good luck.

Camille Cash, MD

Lip augmentation

Lip filling procedure is more matter of artistry, experience, expertese, know how and appreciating beautiful contours of complex lip form and definition.  Amazingly enoough it is important to point out fillers themselves are tools for the artist that should be very failiar with and the know how of how to use them to get best results.  Not all doctors are trained or know how to make amazing lips and now days you have nurses PA faily docs and anyone that can hold and inject doing procedures.  So most important is who is doing the injection is experienced certified and do I trust the practitioner and feel comfortable.  The rest is dtermined by the expert.

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

How many syringes?

Thanks for your question. Your lips have very nice natural fullness and I would not start with more than 1 syringe. Be sure you seek out a certified injector. Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

Lips

Thank you for questions and photos. You have fullness to your lips to begin with, therefore, I would start with 1 syringe of filler. I prefer Juvederm in the lips, but both restylane and Juvederm are appropriate for the lips. I would start with one filler, wait two weeks for all swelling to resolve and if more is needed then you can always go back in for touch ups. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Getting Lips You Love--Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm), implants or fat

I recommend getting a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist to discuss your goals and how much filler would be needed. These fillers, (Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a symmetrical and full lip. Implants or fat are alternative options. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip injection, how much filler?

I would try one syringe and give it a couple weeks. More can be added after that. Choosing your injector is the most important decision. Let them guide you.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Augmentation?

Thank you for your question and photos. First, you have a very nice, full, and well-balanced lip shape already. Your natural shape is called 'Supre Par', meaning that your upper lip volume is larger than that of your lower lip.  The actress shown has a shape called 'Infre Par', meaning that her lower lip volume exceeds that of her upper lip. You would need to selectively add volume to your lower lip in order to approximate this lip shape. However, I have to recommend against changing your natural lip shape to this degree. 

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Lip Augmentation: how many syringes.

Lip augmentation is a procedure where filler is injected into the lips to increase volume and enhance the borders of the lips. 

I recommend starting with 1 syringe and evaluating your result for a touch-up. It takes 2 weeks for the filler to absorb water and reach your final result. Bruising may delay the result further. Before that point, it's too early to evaluate your outcome and you end up chasing your tail by touching up prematurely. 

A conservative approach is best. Don't rush into adding more filler. An overfilled look can look worse. Make sure you follow-up with your doctor so they can track your progress to a safe and happy result. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon