When I speak and smile the right side of my upper lip always goes up. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Is there anything I can do or a procedure I can have done to correct this? I would really like to relax that upper part so that it matches the left side of my lip. Thank you

Assymetric lip expressions

It may be possible to use botox to selectively relax the muscle that elevates that side of the lip. It is very important to have an in-office examination to determine the exact cause of your assymetric smile so that the correct muscle is injected. Injecting Botox into the wrong area can cause even worse assymetry or functional problems for several weeks to months until the Botox wears off. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery 

Beverly Hills Physician