Short nose lengthening Revision rhinoplasty grafts. Any suggestions?

which type of septal extension grft would be used to derotate and lengthen a short nose? do spreader grafts always widen the nose? would a derotation graft be required ? do we have to have a shielf graft with lengthening the lateral crura? also, I believe I would require release of UL and LL cartilages to increase the rotation could all these techniques be used to derotate my nose or is it a this or the other situation?

Derotation graft?

If you are looking to derotate and extend you tip, you will likely quire a rib graft which can be obtained for you from an organ donor. Please see examples below.

Revision to Lengthen a Short Nose

Decreasing rotation may or may not require the placement of a septal extension graft. Spreader grafts do not always increase nasal width. It is difficult to make specific recommendations without seeing pictures of your nose. Every surgery needs to be individualized to meet the needs f each patient. 

Lengthing a short nose

You are describing many different techniques which can be used to lengthen a short nose. It would depend on many factors as to which is better for your situation. I would recommend visiting with a few revision rhinoplasty surgeons so they can examine you in person and determine the best course of action.
Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty and septal extension grafts etc.

Revision rhinoplasty and septal extension grafts etc. are needed to lengthen the short nose and alar extension grafts are needed to derogate the lateral crura. I need to see photos to determine what you need. See a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon who can show you his work.