Scheduling lip injections after Breast augmentation ?

I'm having a breast augmentation July 19th. I want to redo my lips with juviderm in August. Is there any reason I should wait? These two things are not related correct?

Lip injections can be done at the same time

as your augment and it won't hurt at all.  The only challenge is if your lip fill is one of finesse where your input is needed to direct your surgeon on where to place the filler as you would need to be awake for that.

To do a breast Augmentation at the same time as fillers

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your question. I would absolutely do both. Especially if your going to be under. It is simple and easy. No downside to doing both. Good luck and congratulations on your new journey with new breast!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@LipFiller @breastaugmentation @docmata #drcarlosmata

Lip Filler After Breast Augmentation

Congratulations on your recent procedure! There's no reason as why you shouldn't be able to redo your lip filler! Good luck and congratulations again!

Breast aug and lip injections

There is no reason why you cannot have lip injections at the same time of your breast augmentation, or afterward.

Filler injection after a breast augmentation.

I would suggest waiting six weeks before having lip injection.  Discuss this of course with your plastic surgeon but I'd suggest that you play it safe.  Good luck and enjoy.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS
Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Breast Augmentation and Lip Filler

There would be no increased risk in having filler placed in your lips 1 month after undergoing a Breast Augmentation. If your surgeon offers injectables within their practice you may be able to have the filler placed while you are under anesthesia for the breast augmentation. 

I would ask your surgeon when he/she it would be best for you to have filler injections. You do not want to risk getting an infection of the implant because the filler introduced bacteria from your lips. I would recommend waiting at least 6 weeks before getting filler.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation - lip injections ok a few weeks later?

Thank you for your question about your breast augmentation.

• Actually, I would ask your own surgeon.
  • I take a lot of precautions after surgery -
  • I would either want a patient of mine to wait a full six weeks -
  • Or to be given preventive antibiotics -
  • Breast implants can form capsular contractures if bacteria settle around the implant and lip injections can introduce bacteria into the blood stream.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Breast Augmentation and Juvederm Injections

Many women have breast augmentation and filler injections such as Juvederm at the same time without any issues.  Given your plans to have your breast augmentation in July and your Juvederm injections in August, there would appear to be no reason for any increased risk of complications.  Best of luck with you surgery.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Lip Injection After?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery. Having breast augmentation surgery is completely independent of your lip injections. I often inject lip fillers at the time of breast augmentation as it is obviously less painful to the patient when they are under anesthesia. Hope this helps and good luck!