Rhinoplasty tuff question; when you take on a revision and shorten the columella strut does it just sit there and thats it?

hey docs i am not really getting a straight answer and am confused. I used to have a columella strut that clicked and was felt in my upper lip because it went to the nasal spine. Docs when you take on a revision and shorten the columella strut does it just sit there and thats it? Or do you have to sandwhich suture it again between the tip cartlidges or do you even have to suture to the caudal septum... or is it as easy as trimming it and closing up... I am curious how it scars correctly? thanks!

Repair of Columellar Strut Graft that clicks

The answer to your question directly depends on the findings related to the clicking of the strut graft. If it was simply too long and was found to be "clicking" against the anterior maxillary spine then trimming it may be all that is required. Simple. However, if surgical finding indicated other issues then the graft may need to be removed, repositioned, modified, sutured or changed in some other way to correct the click. Septocolumellar sutures, trimming of the maxillary spine, or fixation to the septum are also possibilities for improvement. Sometimes a "clicking" strut graft will improve without any additional surgery over time. If you're having a persistent problem with your strut graft, ask your surgeon for advise on correction. Best wishes. 

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon