Who has done this rhinoplasty? Can you as a surgeon take on work as complicated as this? (Photo)

Hello all, This achieved rhinoplasty is mind blowing and considered art to me. Though, I rarely am able to see results so tremendous, natural looking and beautiful in before/after sections of browsed surgeons. I have difficulty finding the surgeon behind this masterpiece as many surgeons have passed this on as their own work. If you know who the surgeon is, please let me know. If you can do this, PLEASE, let me know! Thus: Can you take a nose and COMPLETELY transform the shape this beautifully?

The surgeon has been found.

Hi, tsweet,

Thank you for the nice compliment. I performed that rhinoplasty.

And yes, it's true that these before and after photos have apeared in many places besides my Web site. Please see the "Web reference" link, below, for more about that.

In my answers to questions on RealSelf, I'm constantly harping that certain changes require very advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.

Work on the tip of the nose certainly fits into that category; work on the tip can affect the shape of the tip, the length of the nose (whether the tip droops), and the projection of the tip (how far forward the tip projects out from the face). That's why I always recommend that prospective patients check out a doctor's before and after photos.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgeon

The photographs exhibit the work of Dr. Steven Dennenberg in Omaha Nebraska, an excellent Facial Plastic Surgeon and Rhinoplasty specialist.  It is important to focus on the doctor's overall results of many patients, not just one individual case. Rhinoplasty is a difficult endeavor, so choose your rhinoplasty surgeon based on extensive experience such as these results.

Rhinoplasty Surgeon

Dear tsweet, I believe you have your answer regarding the surgeon who performed this particular rhinoplasty surgery. It is certainly upsetting to see any surgeon taking the before and after photographs of a fellow colleague and hijacking their usage. Unfortunately, this is a personal issue to me as I know this scenario all to well and have been a victim of photograph hijacking myself. There is nothing more upsetting then seeing your happy patient on another surgeons website. It is very unfortunate and goes against everything we pledge as surgeons during the Hippocratic Oath. The Hippocratic Oath is of historic and traditional values discussing the joy in healing those that seek our help, not false advertising. With that said, you state that you rarely see tremendous results during your web browsing of surgeons rhinoplasty photographs. This is a subject that is often brought up  by consulting patients and for good reason.  Many patients consent to in office usage of their photographs versus web and social media privileges. Surgeons like myself who perform three to five rhinoplasty patients weekly would love to post all of the amazing results we have. Unfortunately, you are limited to the patient signing a consent for the usage of their photographs either on the website, realself, or office usage only. We always abide by this compliance to protect our patients privacy and anonnimity. So it is important to keep in mind  when you are reviewing surgeons websites and reviewing their before and after photographs you are seeing a very small percentage of their work until you are in their office. Finally, your last portion of your question is absolutely YES! a nose can be completely transformed to bring balance and aesthetic harmony to the face. I perform many rhinoplasty procedures each week and many of my patients have  a similar preoperative ethnic (eastern european) nose, as shown above.  In the hands of an expert surgeon with finesse and skilled technique you should have excellent results. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Best Rhinoplasty: Who has done this rhinoplasty? Can you as a surgeon take on work as complicated as this? (Photo)

Hi TS,

I don't know who did this rhinoplasty.  It is an excellent result.  You can literally see this patients lower lateral cartilages through her thin skin causing her very bulbous tip.  These cartilages were reduced and the orientation of the tip was changed to a more natural angle while the proportions of the nose were brought into a natural beautiful configuration.  I have operated on noses such as this and transformed them into beautiful noses.  In this patient, because the nose is out of proportion it attracts the focus of attention away from beautiful eyes (where the initial focus of attention should go when we look at faces.)  Rhinoplasty should restore the focus of the face to the patients eyes.  The most important aspect of rhinoplasty is making sure that you take the time to choose your rhinoplasty surgeon.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Remarkable nose improvement

That truly is a result that someone should justifiably be very proud of.  We all have some remarkable transformations but if real that is one of the more outstanding that I've seen.  Why, because the patient has risk factors of extremely thin skin and a very unfavorable cartilage structure.  Do a Google Image search to see if you can verify the name of the surgeon and good luck to you.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Rhinoplasty for the large bulbous tip etc. is done by many surgeons in your area. Look at the before and after results and choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking noses. Your nose may be different than the one shown so look at the body of work. Skin thickness will be different for your nose and then the result will not be as "good" as the one shown which is the same for the nose of mine shown here.

Who has done this rhinoplasty? Can you as a surgeon take on work as complicated as this?

Certain aspects of the before picture lend itself to dramatic improvement.  Rhinoplasty is all about execution and creating a natural result.

Beverly Hills, CA

Thank you for the photo and question and I would go on consults with experts in your area, look at photos and you will find the expert for you!

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Who has done this rhinoplasty?

What you need to understand is that yes, sometimes cosmetic surgery offers mind blowing results, but that great results not only depends on the surgeon, as the starting point is very important too. Every decent surgeon can in fact show exceptionally good results. It takes guts and honesty to show the not-so-good ones and the realistic results for every specific patients. If I can suggest something, look at surgeons like professional or amateurs golfers. The main difference is that the amateur is always talking about that perfect shot that went uniquely well, while the professional only discusses the one shot he missed and why.

If you ever find who was the surgeon do post a follow up to your question, even if it was just a Photoshop geek...

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Don't get hung up on one result

The photos you posted demonstrate a truly outstanding result on a difficult nose.  However, you should not get bogged down looking for a surgeon this way.  By the way, anyone who claimed this work as their own but did not actual do it should lose their board certification and license. 
The way to pick a rhinoplasty surgeon is to look at photos and decide if the work overall fits with your aesthetic.  Then interview with a few surgeons who meet this criteria and make your decision. 
Good luck!

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon