Would rhinoplasty make my nose smaller? (photo)

My nose is too big for my face

Proportion

Modern techniques of rhinoplasty can reduce the heavy cartilage and bones of your nose, and ALLOW the appearance of your nose to become more in proportion to the rest of your facial features.  It cannot thin the skin or make the skin "re-drape" over the changes achieved in the "skeleton" of bone and cartilage, however.  This must be appreciated during an examination and discussed as a part of any planning prior to surgery.  Improvement is certainly possible, but realistically expectations are essential.

RHINOPLASTY CANDIDATE

Dear drlord, Rhinoplasty surgery is performed to help refine the nose and make it smaller while still balancing the patients facial aesthetics so that the nose looks natural like you were born with it. Seek consultation with some experts and have imaging performed to show you how these proposed changes will look and then review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure natural looking rhinoplasty results. See examples of ethnic rhinoplasty in the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Making the nose smaller

First thing first. Cell phone camera technology has come a long way, unfortunately one thing that it may never get rid of is central distortion of the photo. Selfies often make the nose appear larger than what is seen in reality.Having said that, it is possible to make your nose narrower and that may have a beneficial effect on the appearance of your face overall. I would discourage trying to make your nose too small for breathing reasons as well as maintaining a masculine nose.

Anand D. Patel, MD
Brookfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results

Yes, a rhinoplasty could make your nose smaller. However, I would recommend having the acne treated on your nose first before embarking on surgery. The skin on your nose is congested and thick and this will have an effect on the ultimate outcome and how much smaller the tip of your nose can appear after surgery.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Would rhinoplasty make my nose smaller?

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile. If you feel it is too big, it can be made smaller with an artistically performed natural appearing rhinoplasty.
Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue. 
Robert Singer, MD FACS
La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty make you nose smaller

yes, rhinoplasty will make your nose smaller; please see examples of results below which could be attained with your nose.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty would make the nose small and better defined.  A consult will include computerized imaging to help you visualize the post operative appearance.  Seek out a consult with a board-certified Facial Plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Rhinoplasty to make the nose smaller

A  closed rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish making those smaller, with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. The dorsal hump which is composed of both bone and cartilage can be shaved down. Osteotomies placed in the nasal bones will accomplish narrowing the entire  bridgeline. The bulbous tip is reduced with suture techniques and conservative cartilage removal. For more information  and many rhinoplasty before-and-after results, please see the video and the link below

Smaller nose

Thank you for your question. It is important when looking for a plastic surgeon for Rhinoplasty to find one who is board certified and specialized in Rhinoplasty to obtain the best results possible.  To fully evaluate your nose, I would recommend you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and have a full facial and nasal examination performed. However, from what I can tell, it appears your tip is enlarged and bulbous. You would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing and smaller in size.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the wide nose with bulbous tip, etc.

Rhinoplasty for the wide nose with bulbous tip, etc.can give you a more attractive smaller nose. The hump can be removed and the tip refined while narrowing the nose in a natural way. See several experienced rhinoplasty surgeons whose noses look natural based on their results and not imaging.