What would the recovery be like for a fat transfer to butt?

I want to get lipo in my arms, thighs, chin and maybe my back or hips and transfer that to my butt. Would I have to wear a full body garment?

Recovery for fat transfer to butt

Thanks for your question.  Every plastic surgeon has their own postoperative protocol.  I recommend my patients not sit on their butt for 3 weeks and then they can sit with a doughnut or pads for about 4 weeks following that.  I do have them also wear a compression garment for about a month (day and night) and then just at nighttime only for another 2 weeks.  My preference is that a garment is worn on any areas that had liposuction done to them.  I hope this helps.  

Garments & BBL

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. Yes!  You would have a compressive garment that covers the areas with liposuction.  I would also want a chin strap for the liposuction to the chin.
Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist

Garments after liposuction

You may also need a chin garment and a sleeve garment for your arms in addition to your full body garment. Your plastic surgeon will review these details during your consultation.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Usually your PS has you wear compression to the areas of liposuction. You would have one for you chin and then possible one or two garments that will cover your arms, back, hips and thighs. For thighs, the compression garment is usually one level below so ankle length. I ask my patients for no pressure to the areas of fat transfer for 10 days and no working out for one month.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  Yes, I do require my patients to wear compression garments for several weeks following surgery.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. SchwartzBoard Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon