Do you think this is a realistic expectation for a chin implant? (photos)

I'm thinking about getting a chin implant or chin fillers. I might get chin fillers temporarily then an implant. I just want to know what to expect so I don't get dissapointed. Do you think chin fillers can give me the results like this? After, if I like my chin fillers I would want an implant.

Chin implant vs. fillers

Hi. You seem to be an excellent candidate for chin augmentation procedures based on the photos that you provided. I don't believe that fillers could provide you with the same 3 dimensional changes that an augmentaion procedure can provide. Silicone chin implants are great for lateral advancement, but you might benefit from increased length of your chin as well. Find a surgeon that can perform imaging of what you can realistically expect following surgery. I think that you will be most satisfied with a permanent change because it will help to add balance to your face.

Do you think this is a realistic expectation for a chin implant?

Yes, I think this represents a reasonable result of a properly sized and placed chin implant. Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

CHIN AUGMENTATION CANDIDATE

DEAR SKAKAKZLLS, YOU APPEAR TO BE AN EXCELLENT CANDIDATE FOR A CHIN AUGMENTATION AND IF YOU WERE MY PATIENT I WOULD PERFORM DIGITAL IMAGING TO SHOW YOU THE PROPOSED CHANGES. YOU MAY NOT WANT TO WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A TEMPORARY FIX WHEN CHIN AUGMENTATION IS A FAIRLY SIMPLE PROCEDURE IN EXPERT HANDS, ROUTINELY PERFORMED AND HAS EXCELLENT RESULTS SIMILAR TO YOUR DESIRED RESULTS. WITH A VERY SHORT RECOVERY PERIOD.  SEE AN EXAMPLE OF IMAGING IN THE VIDEO ABOVE AND OTHER RESULTS IN THE LINK BELOW. BEST REGARDS, MICHAEL V. ELAM, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Dear skakakzllsI think you would have an excellent result with a chin implant. Do not waste your time with injections. Keep in mind that increase in scarring and inflammation can impact getting an implant. Do it once, Do it right.Look for an experienced and well trained Plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic surgery (or Facial). See more than one consult and make a well informed decision.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Chin

A permanent silastic chin implant will be able to correct your chin deficiencies. The results should be close to your ideal photos.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Chin augmentation?

You are definitely a candidate for chin augmentation. However, if in doubt, temporary augmentation with filler may give you an idea how it will look after chin augmentation. You can also gradually add more filler until you achieve result you like. This is like trying a new dress; you keep trying until you find a perfect fit. This is a more expensive approach but definitely a safer one providing that you can afford it.
You should discuss your options with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can do both procedures. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

I think you will get a very nice change in facial proportions with a chin implant, but your chin is so small now there is no way to get adequate filler to make a change and filler is not cheap. Save your money and use it for the chin implant procedure. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Chin implant

Your desired results are very realistic; during your consultation, you have the chance to choose the perfect chin implant for you; in general, the chin should extend to a vertical line drawn from the middle of your nose down.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Chin

you should expect a result like showed with chin augmentation. A surgical silastic chin implant is the best way to get a permanent result. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

chin implant candidate

Fillers do not work very well in the chin area since they are used for soft tissue augmentation, while chin implants are performed for a bony augmentation. Patients who have a weak and recessive chin profile require bony augmentation do to the deficiency of the mandible. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, and are composed of Silastic. The implants can also be custom carved when needed to fit patients unique and asymmetric anatomy. In our practice, we use Implantech brand chin implants to augment a  recessive chin profile. For more information, diagrams, and many examples of chin implants, please see the video and the link below