Will my raised tip and nostril show improve as swelling subsides? (photos)

I had open rhinoplasty 12 days ago to remove a slight hump and fix some tip drooping. I realize it is TOO soon to judge results. The profile is beautiful but from the front I'm gutted, I look too done and nostrils seem a bit notched (Janet Jackson). Will the nose go down and look more natural? I wanted a subtle change. My surgeon has been very supportive and seems to think it will go down. Has the tip been over-rotated too much? Will the front view improve and appear less short and "lifted"?

Too soon

Nasal Tip swelling can take upto a year or even a year and a half to subside 100%!!

Make sure that you avoid any sports, or accidental bump on the nose, as that could worsen the results, and increase the swelling! 

Arnica can help a little, as can light massage therapy but only after you discuss with your surgeon the type of massage. Sometimes a tiny bit of cortisone injections do help.

Also avoid high salt foods, and Im sure in time you will get to see nice results from your surgery, best of luck!

Pakistan Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments at this point of your post op.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty Recovery

You are still early in your post-operative recovery period. The amount of tip refinement and definition will increase as the swelling resolves. The tip rotation (how upturned it is) will also improve - as the swelling decreases the tip will drop a bit.
Certainly express your concerns to your surgeon, and follow his/her treatment recommendations to ensure the best result.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

The waiting game: swelling after rhinoplasty

I agree that it is very early in your healing process and it is not the time to judge the results. The swelling may go down on one side before the other, which can fool your eye. The tip will be the last area to calm down from swelling.

It sounds like you have a good relationship with your surgeon. Stick with the follow-up appointments and aftercare instructions. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon