Question about juvederm syringes. Do you know why there were two syringes/vials?

I got my lips done one week ago. I got juvederm for $500, my doctor didn't really explain enough about what it was or how much product was in the syringe but there were two vials. I used one and went back a few days later to use the other, my lips don't even look big to me and nobody sees a big difference too.  I'm not familiar with lip injections I tried to learn about them but it's so confusing!

Juvederm

Thank you for your question in regards to Juvederm. I would suggest speaking with the provider who injected you to receive a clearer answer. Two syringes is a lot of product for your lips, which you should be able to see a significant difference. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

Juvederm and two syringes

Something does not seem right because two syringes is a great deal of product and you should see results.  In addition, the price sounds too good to be true as if you didn't really have Juvederm injected. I would stay away from bargains and consult an experienced board certified dermatologist.  Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm and Costs, Lip Augmentation

2 syringes of juvederm is A LOT for lips in a few days.  Even ones that are big.  This will cause swelling in the next 2 weeks so I wouldn't suggest more.   I would avoid discounted fillers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm packaging

Juvederm comes in a package of 2. Inside the box, there are 2 separate syringes of Juvederm, each sterile. They can be used on the same patient or 2 patients. I guess it's a marketing tool for the company to try to get the doctor to sell 2 at a time. It is also a cost savings to the company because they don't need to box each of them separately. $500 is a very reasonable price. If not happy, discuss with your doctor and/or seek another opinion.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm comes in a package of two Syringes

Dear southerngal95, Juvederm arrives from Allergan Corporation packaged with two syringes in each sterile package. There is one cc of Juvederm per syringe. Typically one syringe is plenty of filler for most patients if they are having their lips injected. The other syringe is not opened and remains sterile for usage on another patient. The price you paid of $500.00 is typically in the fee range for one syringe and not two. Speak with your injecting physician if you have any concerns regarding the product or how much was used. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD