Which peel is most suitable for my brown skin and acne scars? (Photo)

I have been suggested AHA peeling by a skin clinic. But after doing some research it seems to be a superficial treatment that might not work very well on my brown skin. Which peel is mostly suitable for brown skin with moderate acne and acne scars? (The scars is a result from bad skin routines and bad skin-environment. I have a good skin routine today and work in a environment that is more friendly to my skin. The breakouts do rarely occur today in contrast to 5 months ago.)

Dark Skin and Acne Scars and eMatrix with chemical peel

A combination of eMatrix for the acne scars and chemical peels with Retin-A and hydroquinones will help improve your acne and scars.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist as well to help keep your acne under better control and avoid more pigmentation and acne breakouts.  Best, Dr.  Green

Retinol Peels to Treat Acne Scars on Darker Skin Tones

If you are not already, I would first recommend seeking the advice of a board-certified dermatologist for treatment of any active acne to help mitigate deeper scarring. In terms of treating the scars and pigmentation, my practice offers retinol peels that have proven very effective in safely treating these problems in our darker complected patients. This particular peel is painless and while there is no actual downtime, skin will peel for 3-5 days on average. 

Dennis Gross, MD

ZO 3 Step Stimulation Peel or RevePeel for darker skin tones with acne scars!

Hi Adamb, In our practice for your skin tone and acne scars I would highly recommend a ZO 3 step stimulation peel or the RevePeel, both are medium medical grade peels that are done in the office. Our patients are never disappointed with their results. Good luck to you!!