If I was your patient, what would you recommend? (Photo)

I want to improve symmetry and increase upperpole fullness. I was thinking to raise both folds and a doughnut lift? Is this possible? Suggestions please? Many thanks My left breast fold was lowered during my BA and is too low down. my right breast fold is still as it was pre op but breast looks saggy. I would like both my breasts to sit a little higher on my chest for more upperpole fullness.

Breast lift

It sounds as though you are describing a breast lift in order to give you the improvements that you are looking for. I recommend that you book an in-person consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who will examine you, discuss your aesthetic goals and help you plan.

All the best

If I was your patient, what would you recommend

Thank you for submitting your question and photos.  To best answer your question, an examination is essential. Viewing your photos it seems that your will benefit from a breast lift (not a donut lift) with implants and elevation of your infra mammary folds using a biological substitute or mesh. You must have realistic expectations.  Look at before and after photos of patients with similar anatomy.  Select a board certiified Plastic Surgeon. Best Wishes.

Revision Breast Augmentation: Options

Dear Ms. Lucyjoe,Thank you for your questions and photos. Unfortunately with out a exam of your tissues I can can only comment based your photos and story. The following is general information that hopefully you will find helpful:1) collect several model photos of your desired breastappearance. 2) you may need a capsulorraphy (internal sutures) to correct the malpositionyou describe,3)almost with certainty you will need a mastopexy.I recommend that you make several consultative appointments with Plastic Surgeons who are experienced and Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. In addition ideally they are members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).I wish you my best and success,R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACSDiplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgerywwwimagineplasticsurgery.com4646 Brockton AveRiverside, Ca 92506(951) 686-7600

Breast Aug Revisions

Be very careful in your case because you may end up with an even worse problem. Don't rush into any decisions. Entertain a few consults as was suggested. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Breast enhancement recommendations?

Thank you for your questions and photos.  You have a somewhat difficult case as you have had a previous procedure and quite a bit of asymmetry.  I would recommend that you schedule 3 consultations with board certified plastic surgeons who have breast enhancement experience and expertise to have a comprehensive exam, explore your treatment options and set realistic goals for your result.  Look for surgeons who have multiple before and after photos of results that you like.  Best wishes!  

Daniel Brown, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Revision

Thank you for the question and the photos but an examination is needed and review of what has been done previously with preop photos.  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in your area and be evaluated.Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast Implants/ Breast Augmentation/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/ Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz

Breast revision - If I was your patient, what would you recommend?

Hello lucyjoe,
Thanks for your question.
I think that your breasts look very natural.  There is an asymmetry in nipple areola complex size, but this can be corrected.
To lift your breast implants enough on the chest wall would require more than a doughnut lift.  You need more skin removed to tighten and lift the implants.
Ultimately, gravity, the weight of the implants, and the nature of your skin will lead to the implants settling over time to a place lower than you might be happy with.
Another option would be to consider upper pole fat grafting to thicken the chest wall in that area without moving the implants, and have a periareolar incision to reduce the larger areola.  Just my 2 cents though...
I hope this was helpful.
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Revision Breast Surgery

Hello,I'm sure both implants have settled, causing a downward repositioning of your native fold on both sides. One side just seems more obvious due to a faint double bubble contour. We have a saying in surgery, 'better is the enemy of good', and I know one of my colleagues said do nothing, which is totally reasonable; you do have a very nice result.  However, if you were willing to go for a makeover, I would do it with all the best possible techniques, as a single surgery.- pre-operatively size you for the most appropriately sized form stable, anatomically shaped implant. These devices will give you the upper pole fullness you want and will not drop down, especially in conjunction with my next recommendation.-bilateral capsulorrhaphies to close down the pockets, especially inferiorly near the fold.  This technique involves many permanent sutures that closes down the inner pocket lining (the capsule) in a predicable pattern.  This will allow the new implants to sit higher in a smaller, form fitting pocket that will allow your implants to sit more covered under your muscle.-After performing the first two steps and the implants have been inserted, you would be surprised how low your native breast tissue and nipples would be draped over the new high riding implants. To fix this, a full mastopexy would reposition tissue and nipples into an optimal place on the mound.  Your areola can be reduced and will stay reduced because it wouldn't be relying on a circumareolar reduction/lift, which is constantly fighting the distractive forces afterward, but instead these forces would be relocated to the incisions below the areola.If you were to move forward, you should know that this is very complex, and should be performed by a revisions specialist.  Obviously, both certification by the ABPS and membership with the ASAPS are important criteria.Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

I think a breast lift with a lollipop incision will do better than the peri-areolar alone, but understand no lift will last forever

Julio Garcia, MD