What can I do to minimise my square jaw? Would Botox in the masseter benefit my face? (Photo)

I've noticed lately my jaw is looking very long and flat and uneven from the front of my face and I'm wondering how I could minimise/fix this as I feel it gives me a masculine look. I've been looking into Botox in the masseter and wondering if this would benefit my face? Or would I need a jaw operation. I'm 24 so didn't really want major surgery.

Botox for a Square Jaw

You are a great candidate for treatment of the masseters. Botox can help magnify the jawline and decrease the masseters. Please consult with an expert.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Prominent Masseters treatment

You are an excellent candidate for Botox treatment of the masseters. This is not a routine injection so please go to someone that has done many of these procedure. I've been doing this injection since 1994. A risk with poor injection is a change to the smile that is temporary. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox for squaare jaw

Thank you for your question ptwee. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions. In the lower face Botox can be placed in the masseter muscle. This will help reduce the size of the muscle and improve the square jaw. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. We are happy to offer free consultations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Square jaw

Botox or a similar neuromodulator would help achieve this.  If you get tired of doing Botox, a fairly simple intra-oral procedure can make this permanent without having to "break" the jaw bone.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD

Narrowing the Jaw and Creating V-Shape with Botox in Masseter Muscles

Hi Pt,

Yes, you are an excellent candidate for weakening your masseter muscle with Botox.  Choose your injecting physician most carefully for best results.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

What can I do to minimise my square jaw? Would Botox in the masseter benefit my face?

Botox or Xeomin can very effectively narrow a jaw when the masseter is thick.  I judge by having my patient clench his/her teeth while I determine the muscle bulk.  There is little risk in trying botox to see if you like the results.  

Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Botox for larg e masseter muscle.

You do not need surgery for this. Only need Botox. See a very experienced surgeon who does this routinely for feminization of your face. 

Botox and Masseter Muscle

Botox would be the perfect fix to reduce the jaw and give you a more feminine jawline. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green

Botox to masseter muscle to reduce square jaw

Weakening/softening the masseter muscle with Botox injection is helpful in reducing the prominent square jaw you are referring to. Usually the botox is injected directly into the masseter muscle.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox (Dysport) for Masseter Reduction

Hi Ptwee.  You are a very good candidate for Masseter shaping and reduction using Dysport (Botox).  See the photos for our Los Angeles patient st the link below to get an idea of what your potential results would look like.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD