3 months after Rhinoplasty after accidentally hitting it my nose it now looks deflated.

Hello, I accidentally hit my nose in my nose with my hand. I then proceeded to firmly but not too vigorously, massage my nose in a broad pinching maneuver as I thought it may alleviate what i thought to be a slight assymetry. However i am not sure if it was there all along an I did not realize it. The next day the nose appears flatter, and whatever that was stiff and tender before was gone. However,i liked the definition of the stiff nose, and it looks fat now. what should i do?

Post op rhinoplasty

I would recommend that you see your surgeon.  It is difficult to assess if anything happened to your nose without any before and after pictures.  Your surgeon is the best person who can judge whether something did change and he/she can tell you what needs to be done next. Good luck~

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty -- Postoperative Problems

Without photos posted of pre/post op rhinoplasty and accident it is hard to answer your question, my advice would be to schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will determine if the aesthetic physical currently will be the appearance after healing the process long term. He or she can also determine whether a revision rhinoplasty might be necessary.

Best Regards,

Dr. Haworth 

Randal Haworth, MD, FACS

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD