What is the main difference between an anchor lift and a lollipop ?

I'm getting my implants removed and my dr recommended a lift (anchor) I have 600 CC saline implants for just one year . Haven't had any children do I really need a lift ? I am a DD now post op was a small C pre op

The main decision as to what incision you needs depends upon how much extra skin is left when the implants are removed. Six hundred cc implants are large and have stretched your tissues. 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Difference between a lollipop and anchor lift

the difference between these two types of lifts is really how much skin is resected vertically. If you have excess skin from your nipple down to your inframammary fold (like if your implants have severely bottomed out), the only way to deal with this excess skin is to remove it, creating a scar that forms this "anchor". The lollipop lift is the scar created around the nipple and vertically down towards the fold. It would be included in the anchor lift. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - anchor lift and a lollipop

I've included an image that demonstrates the difference between the two.  In general, the more loose skin there is, the more likely that a surgeon will recommend the anchor incision.  The anchor has an additional scar horizontally in the inframammary crease (and so it looks like an anchor) will the lollipop doesn't (and so looks like a lollipop).  While nobody wants an extra incision, that one - in the crease - is actually pretty well hidden.So with larger implants (and if they were in for a relatively longer time), weight changes, etc., there will be that much more extra skin that may or may not contract down well on its own.  If it's borderline you can also stage the procedure - have the implants removed and then wait some time (6-12 months) to see what result you have.You should of course be evaluated in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon for a full and complete discussion.  You can see several surgeons to see if you will get different opinions.I hope that this helps and good luck,Dr. Alan EnglerMember of #RealSelf500