How long after getting cheek implants can you get Juvederm injections in lips?

Wait until swelling resolves and incisions heal before getting Juvéderm®.

To play it safe, I recommend waiting until your cheek implant incisions have healed and your swelling has resolved before getting Juvéderm® in your lips. This will not only reduce your chance of infection, it will give your injector the correct perspective of your face and its proportions. This allows your injector to know exactly where to place your lip filler as well as how much to use, which are both factors that help you to get the optimal results. It’s important that you receive your Juvéderm® from an experienced, trained injector.

I frequently perform both procedures at the same time!  You can have your lip fillers at any point.

Lip injections and Cheek Augmentation

Both lip and cheek augmentation can be done at the same time.  The most important consideration is to consult a board plastic surgeon for the best cosmetic results.

Cheek Implants and Lip Fillers -- Get Cannulas

I tell people to wait 2-4 weeks, until the inflammation is down and you are done with antibiotics.  There is risk of oral spread of bacteria to the implant (theoretical).  Go to an expert who does lip injections with cannulas.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip augmentation

to be extremely conservative you could wait otherwise lips and cheeks are different aesthetic units and they are unrelated.  I have done it at same time or even right after the cheek implant procedure with excellent result.  Knowing how to inject, how much and where comes with years of experience and knowing what beautiful lips look like.  Injector is the most important factor with lips!  Hope that helps

Afshin Farzadmehr, MD

Thank you for your question.  I would allow sufficient time to allow your incisions to fully heal, and any swelling to resolve completely before pursuing your lip injections.  This will minimize any potential infectious risk to your implants, while allowing for a more accurate placement of your filler once your tissues have returned to normal.  

Lip filler can be done at any time after cheek implants

The lips can be injected anytime after cheek implants. If there is no residual swelling, go for it. I like Restylane Silk for the lips now.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

#LipAugmentation #Lipfiller

Rupert,

I would give it two weeks before you get your lips injected. Mainly to let swelling subside so that your surgeon can accurately predict how much and where to place the filler.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions.
I hope this was helpful,
Dr. Daniel Barrett
Plastic Surgery
Beverly Hills, CA

Daniel Barrett, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Juvederm and cheek implants

I would recommend waiting 2-3 weeks after cheek implants before getting filler in the lips.  The primary reason for this is swelling which could make judging the appropriate amount of filler difficult.  

Cody A. Koch, MD, PhD
Des Moines Facial Plastic Surgeon

When to get lip injections with Juvederm

Thank you for asking about your Juvederm.

You can have the filler at the same time as the cheek implant.
If you have it done afterwards - wait at least 2 weeks to let swelling of the lower face subside.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.