Will a lip lift get me the results I want? (photos)

I don't think lip injections look natural and I want a lip lift. I was wondering if I could get these results?

Lip lift

Thank you for your question. A proper exam is necessary to determine if you are the ideal candidate for a lip lift. Based on this photo, it appears that you have nice volume to your lips and there does seem to be increased distance between your nose and upper lip. In general, the lip lift is a simple and excellent surgical option that can be done under local anesthesia for improving the red to white lip ratio with or without the use of injectable fillers. The subnasal lip lift results in an increase in the vertical height of the red lip, preserves the delicate anatomy at the lip border, and improves the red to white lip ratio in a predictable fashion. In experienced hands, lip lifts heal extremely well and, if performed properly, should end up as an unnoticeable line at the base of the nose. Fillers are often inappropriately used in isolation to increase the vertical height of the red lip, and may result in the now often seen ‘‘duck lip.’’ In order to determine if this procedure is best for you, a proper physical exam is necessary by a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will a lip lift get me the results I want?

Hello skakakzlls - Thanks for your question. You would need an exam in person to really know if a lip lift would work well for you. From what I can tell it seems possible for you to have a lip lift and possibly an upper lip mucosal advancement so that you limit any smiling abnormalities.  I would recommend that you consult with a facial cosmetic surgery specialist in your area for more information.  Make sure they are a board-certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon.  The procedure would entail placing a small incision under the nose in the natural crease there.  The other incisions would be inside the upper lip on the wet mucosal surface.  The lip will be stiff for a while and possibly temporarily numb as well, but once healed should look great and work very well. I hope this helps.  Good luck,Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift - will it get me the results I ant?

Thank you for asking about your lip lift.
  • Based on your photos, your upper lip does a little long.
  • Yes, a lip lift may be able to achieve the look you want -
  • Please see a plastic surgeon for careful measurements, discussion of your goal and planning exactly what is best for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS