How far can a lip lift go? (photos)
Doctor Answers 3
Lip lifts - why aren't surgeons more aggressive
- The amount that can be safely removed is approximately 25% of the skin of the upper lip.
- Removing more has the risk of creating an imbalance between the lip and the rest of the face.
- It can also in certain cases make it difficult to close the lip
- The upper lip is normally smaller than the lower lip but at the moment it is fashionable to have fuller upper lips.
- To know what is right for you, you need to have an in-person examination and discuss with your plastic surgeon the look you want and what is reasonable to do.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.