How far can a lip lift go? (photos)

I'm looking at lip lifts online and on real self and I just don't think the doctors take enough skin out. Most of the lips go from being small to an okay. What if I want a huge difference? Like the pictures bellow?

Lip Lift

Lip lifts are approached conservatively so the patient will look natural and can close their lips. In general, only about 25% of the skin of the upper lip can safely be removed.

Lip Lift

As a general guideline no more than 1/3 of the vertical philtral distance should be removed. Any more than that amount can create an unnatural upper lip appearance…and the operation is irreversible.

Lip lifts - why aren't surgeons more aggressive

Thank you for asking about your lip lift.
  • The amount that can be safely removed is approximately 25% of the skin of the upper lip.
  • Removing more has the risk of creating an imbalance between the lip and the rest of the face.
  • It can also in certain cases make it difficult to close the lip
  • The upper lip is normally smaller than the lower lip but at the moment it is fashionable to have fuller upper lips.
  • To know what is right for you, you need to have an in-person examination and discuss with your plastic surgeon the look you want and what is reasonable to do.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS