Who should I go to for lip injections?

Hello! I have been on yelp for hours now looking for a good lip injector. I have come across a couple people (with good reviews) who specialize in lip injections but they are Registered Nurses and not plastic surgeons. Would it be safe to go to an RN for lip fillers?

Lip injections in Beverly Hills

Conducting your search for the best lip injector in Beverly Hills can be a very difficult one! There are so many fantastic board certified plastic surgeons and dermatologists, as well as RNs, that offer lip augmentation procedures, that it makes it very difficult for patients to figure out who is truly the best person to go to. First, I do recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for your lip injections as they have gone through extensive training on both the medical and aesthetic side of non-surgical treatments. Read their yelp reviews, look at their websites, and check out their social media profiles so you can get a good idea of their aesthetic philosophy so that you find the physician that is best for you! Good luck!

Who to see for lip injections?

Albert Einstein said, “The only source of knowledge is experience”.

Look for a physician who is very experienced in cosmetic surgery and with whom you are comfortable. Since every face is different, the experience and technique of your physician injector, not their specialty, is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result.  

The effectiveness of your treatment depends on your physician’s ability to visualize the desired changes and to select and skillfully administer the best treatments alone or in combination. Always ask to see before and after pictures of patients they have personally injected. If possible, look for someone who is on the medical education faculty for one of the facial fillers. If they have been selected to train other physicians how to treat the aging face they are likely to be good, experienced injectors.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Nurse Injector

Thanks for your question!  I would recommend going to a board certified plastic surgeon's office vs an independently run business like a medi spa.  Also, see what kind of experience he/she has and ask to see photos.  There are plenty of good, experienced RN injectors!  Best of luck!

Lip Fillers

Thank you for you inquiry. I recommend to always have treatments done by a board certified plastic surgeon. Should you decide to have your injections done by a nurse, please be sure she is working under a board certified plastic surgeon and has experience with lip fillers. Regards,

Who should I go to for lip injections?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.   Nurse injectors need to be working underneath the auspices of a medical doctor and I would recommend you seek a location where the specialist does the treatments in order to maximize your results.  Hope this helps.

RN vs MD for filler

Thank you for your question.   Many nurses are trained to do Botox and filler.  I always recommend that you see a nurse who works directly with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist, not a nurse that is in a medi spa with no MD on site.  It is very important to have a vast knowledge of the facial anatomy, danger zones, and how to handle issues that may arise.  Nurses who work with physicians are trained and educated by them.  I have one nurse injector that works in my practice, she is excellent and many of my patients ask for her.  She and I work as a team, and we are in the office on the same days so I can be there to support her with any questions or concerns. .  Best of luck to you!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Lip Injections and Injector

It is very important to consult a board certified dermatologist who has years of experience with facial injections and fillers.  You want someone who has an aesthetic eye and is also able to understand the anatomy and risks involved.  I have been injecting for over 20 years and it is an art as well as a science.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip injections

Jenny, it is certainly safe to go to an RN for lip fillers but just as you would do homework on the right physician so you must do your due diligence on finding the right nurse who has the experience, volume, training and support from a physician to perform the lip injections. Lip injections require an eye for detail and also an understanding of the properties of each filler that is available for the lips. One filler may be good for lip lines, while another great for volume, and yet another for small changes in volume but has a softer, more natural feel. You will get more from your consultation if the goals are outlined first and you discuss the decision for one particular filler over another for the lips.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Who should I go to for lip injections?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Lip injections

Lip can injections can be done by physicians or experienced nurses under the supervision of a physician. I personally handle all lip injection patients myself from the initial consultation and evaluation to the actual injection. It is important to ask all your questions before receiving your injections so that you make an informed decision on the type and style of injection you would like and feel comfortable with your practitioner. Regardless of how experienced someone else, there is always a risk of complications or suboptimal results, but a safe and knowledgable injector will be able to handle the situation to get you the results you want.  Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician