In Need of Bigger Calves

I’ve got great thighs and I feel pretty good about my ankles. It’s just my calves I can’t live with. I work out every day and they just won’t grow! I feel top heavy. Are implants my best option for getting massive calves? 
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Calf implants for actor -- urgent

Hypoplastic (small) calves are a common problem for actors in image-conscious Los Angeles.  My first recommendation is always exercise.  Multiple sets of calf raises and squats, especially using heavier weights, are effective for many patients.  If you are already working your calf muscles and are still frustrated with calf size, calf implants are probably the way to go.  Good luck.

Calf implants for actor -- urgent

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Calf envy

How many times to we see the devoted male gym-goers at the gym with massive chests and bulging biceps, only to find that their legs look like string cheese?  "Bird legs" are a common stressor for many males, and no matter what type of workout they seem to use (albeit anything minus squats and leg presses), they are left with tiny calves.  This genetic bane is now a thing of the past.  The quick fix?  Calf implants.  Easily placed, and the scar discreetly hidden, calves can now increase in size over night!  Now, they may not be Schwarzenegger-worthy, but they will instantly improve gym-going confidence with the flick of a knife.  

In addition, although the calf implant is a trusty "staple," cutting-edge medicine now presents us with an even trendier alternative - fat transfer to the calves.  Now, not only do you lose fat in the belly and love-handles, but it is processed and transferred into areas that are deficient - and in this case - the calves are the perfect spot.  Consult your Board-Certified plastic surgeon today for calf augmentation!

Calf envy

Calf Enhancement Options

The first option I suggest is working out your calves in an attempt to enlarge them without surgery. This is the safest, cheapest, easiest option. However, many patients find that no matter how many calf raises or squats they do, their calves never grow to a size they are satisfied with. In this case, calf implants or fat transfer to the calves are certainly options. I recommend having an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Best regards.

Calf Enhancement Options

Building bigger calves

Thank you for your question about your calf implants.

• Calf muscle bulk is determined by genetics - how much you were born with - and exercise.
  • First, build up the muscle you have.
  • If the calves do not enlarge, your options are implants or fat transfers.
  • Implants are more predictable - but the smaller the muscle, the smaller the implant.
  • Large implants can be put in men with bulky muscle to begin with.
  • Large implants in a small leg tend not to heal well.
  • Please see an experienced plastic surgeon for specific advice on your calves.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Building bigger calves

• First, build up the muscle you have.