Kybella, Liposuction, Neck lift or Chin Implant? Which would give me the best result? (Photos)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 9
Neck rejuvenation options
Thanks for sharing. In general, current neck and lower face rejuvenation treatments include:
- Surgical Neck lift* with a Lower Facelift would be the gold standard and gets the best overall results in the jowls and neck and indicated in middle age and older patients
- Surgical Neck lift* which involves lifting and removing loose skin would be the next best procedure
- Neck Liposuction and/or Laser Lipolysis if only fat removal is required, typically in a younger patient. (A platysmaplasty can be added for further muscle tightening if needed)
- Ultherapy is an FDA approved non invasive tightening using ultrasound technology
- Kybella is a new FDA approved series of injections that melts fat under the chin
- Cool Sculpting is FDA approved energy device to removed fat from under the chin as well.
- Botox to the platysma bands to decrease their activity and show
*It is important the a Neck lift involves some liposuction and importantly a platysmaplasty which is a procedure that tightens the underlying loose neck muscles. You are relatively young. If you want the "best" results it would for you it would be liposuction and likely a chin implant in my opinion. Consult with several board certified faciall platic / plastic surgeons experienced in face and neck rejuvenation to discuss your options
CHIN AUGMENTATION WITH SUB-MENTAL LIPOSUCTION
Neck liposuction, platysma plasty, and chin implant.
You might also like...
Kybella, Liposuction, Neck Lift, or Chin Implant
Kybella, Liposuction, Neck lift or Chin Implant?
Kybella, Liposuction, Neck lift or Chin Implant? Which would give me the best result?
*Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face (as discussed above).
*Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.Hope this helps.
If your skin is relatively smooth and firm, but you have an accumulation of excess fatty deposits beneath your chin and /or along your jawline, liposuction may be all that is needed to restore a smooth, defined contour to this area. In this procedure, the use of a thin hollow cannula tube to suction out fat through small incisions made on the
underside of the chin or in the crease around the earlobe. Removal of this excess fat diminishes the appearance of a double chin and restores a firmer, chiseled angle to the neck and jawline. However if you have loose skin a neck lift might give you the results you are looking for. Internet discussion does not replace the advice of your physician. Start by setting up a consultation with one or more board certified plastic surgeons and go from there. Wish you all the best,Dr. Henry Mentz
Liposuction for a defined neck?
- Your chin seems fine - a chin implant will not correct the problem.
- Liposuction and Kybella will remove fat under the chin -
- Kybella is probably going to give somewhat better results but will need 2-3 treatments.
- A neck lift with liposuction will probably give you the best results because in addition to fat under the skin, you probably have loose neck muscles and may have fat under the musc which Kybella and liposuction cannot remove.
- I suggest you see a plastic surgeon specializing in cosmetic surgery for an in-person evaluation.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.