What can be done to give me a similar result? (Photos)

Will I be an okay candidate and how much will it change for the tip of my nose? (pictures are of bella hadid and one of my nose) I have wanted to get my nose done or at least the tip and side to come out closer to how hers came out. I was unsure on what exactly they would have to do and would it be considered a bulbous ethnic rhinoplasty.

Maybe a little bulbous. But I think it's mostly elevating the tip. See the morph I made of your photo.

Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my response, or go here:

FacialSurgery.com/RealSelf/RealSelf_lenaMaleek.html

I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that are possible for your nose in truly expert hands.

I narrowed your tip a little, but mostly I elevated the tip. Seems to me that's a lot of what Bella had. I'd love to hear what you think of the morph.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

The one photo that you posted only shows one angle, and only part of the face. At the *very* bottom of the Web reference page is also a link to instructions on taking photos that are most useful for online consultations like this, in case you'd like a more complete evaluation.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your inquiry. From the photo you provided you seem to be an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. A consultation in person would be necessary for proper evaluation to determine exactly what needs to be done. Be sure to always see a board certified plastic surgeon for best results.

Omar Fouda Neel, MD, FRCSC, FACS
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for posting your photo. It is important to have an in-office examination to determine what steps are needed to achieve a similar look to Bella. Generally speaking, it appears that a similar nose can be achieved by narrowing the base of the nose, defining and rotating the tip, and straightening the dorsum. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear lenaloomalik, You would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty to help reduce the dorsal hump and refine your nasal tip. I would suggest seeking consultation with some experts in the field of rhinoplasty surgery and have imaging performed to show you the proposed results taking into consideration your desires and your nasal anatomy. Once this is performed I would review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure natural looking ethnic rhinoplasty results and noses similar to yours. Similar results to the before and after of the beautiful Bella Hadid should be attainable in the hands of an expert surgeon. Imaging will show you these possibilities and how these changes will look with your facial aesthetics. See the ethnic rhinoplasty link below and the video above regarding imaging. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty

I agree with the answers below. you are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty. As you know, your result may differ from the exact model that you have chosen, but ultimately the result may fit your face much better than a nose that you pick from a photo. An experienced, artistic rhinoplasty surgeon should be able to get a result that will thrill you. 

Paul E. Chasan, MD
Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Open rhinoplasty for dorsal hump and tip refinement #plasticsurgery

An open rhinoplasty with dorsal hump and tip refinement is a basic plan to achieve the nose that you are interested in. A full set of photos and exam in our office would help to plan this important cosmetic procedure.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

What can be done to give me a similar rhinoplasty result?

The nose is a three-dimensional structure, so it's very important to have a full set of photographs befor making any determination. It is also impossible to give someone else's nose to another person. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge line and refining the nasal tip. Digital computer imaging of your nose on your facial features would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with a rhinoplasty procedure. For more information  And many  before and after examples of dorsal hump removal, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Yes, you can have a similar result, and it would be a full rhinoplasty. Go visit a few surgeons expert in rhinoplasty. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

What can be done to give me a similar result?

Hello lenaloomalik - Thanks for your question. A tip rhinoplasty to reshape your cartilages could help you attain a nose closer to the one you see on Bella Hadid. You might even need a tip graft to optimize the shape. The bridge would then need some alteration to help the shape. I would recommend that you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist in your area for more information. Remember that your nose will never look exactly like someone else's because of having a different anatomy, but you can use their nose as a template to help you get a nose you like.

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is near impossible to replicate somebody else’s nose because we all have different anatomies but you would definitely benefit from nasal refinement. I believe you may benefit from a hump reduction and tip rhinoplasty. A dorsal hump can be removed by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth out the bump. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon