Juverderm for my nose? Am I a good candidate? (photo)

I've been considering getting juverderm for the bridge of my nose. As you can see in the picture, it's also not straight. How much am I expecting to pay for this procedure? And how long do they usually last? Thank you in advance.

Doctor Answers 7

Yes, it appears you are a candidate for injectable rhinoplasty.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Yes, it appears you are a candidate for injectable rhinoplasty. Seek a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person assessment. The cost can range from $500 - $3500 depending on the clinic.


Injectable fillers CAN help to shape the nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I have had considerable experience with injecting scarred, broken, and misshaped noses, and even noses that are just not quite perfect, and have been very impressed with the results. I have used various hyaluronic fillers, often Restylane or Radiesse, because both have a high G-prime and are more likely to lift the tight skin of the nose where you want to add volume, as well as because both come in smaller syringes. Often, one only needs a third to a half of the normal size syringe to get great results. Actually, these fillers seem to last for a very long time, probably because the nose is subject to less movement with normal expression than other areas of the face.

Patients really love it, which makes me so happy. For just a few hundred dollars, you have improved the problem dramatically, and patients say, "Oh, I can't believe it!" when handed a mirror immediately after the treatment.

One has to be an experienced injector familair with the anatomy of the nose, to avoid injecting the angular artery or other vessels.

I would encourage you to seek out a dermatologist with considerable experience and start with a hyaluronic acid filler that has a good lifting ability without too much swelling.  You might want to have Radiesse on the second treatment (usually a year or more later) if you liked the result and want it to last longer. This treatment, as are many treatments in medicine, is "off-label." It is very successful in experienced hands.

Non-surgical nose job

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The picture is somewhat poor quality and the angle in which it is taken make it difficult to determine whether you are a candidate for a nonsurgical nose job and exactly how much filler you would need. A side view photo would also have been helpful. Assuming that you have a bump, indentation, or other minor flaw of your nose you may be a candidate for this procedure. The best thing to do would be to see an experienced board certified surgeon for a consultation. That way you will be able to receive a thorough evaluation. Good luck to you!

You might also like...

Juverderm in Nasal Bridge

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
With the picture you submitted I cannot tell if you need augmentation of your bridge but assuming you're correct I would recommend that you use Radiesse rather than Juvederm because I feel it will last longer, about 1 year. I will not estimate cost because the picture does not show how much you need; it will depend on the volume that is injected.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 40 reviews

Filler for nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I use hyaluronic acid fillers in the nose often in my cosmetic dermatology practice, for my patients who request improving bumps and grooves without the need for surgery.  I would predict you will need just 0.2-0.3cc of Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus in that location.  I suggest seeing a board-certified dermatologist who specializes in aesthetics.  This is a safe and rewarding treatment when done by a skilled, artistic, and experienced physician.

Karen Stolman, MD
Sandy Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for Liquid Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question.

Yes, it appears that you are probably a good candidate for liquid rhinoplasty.

To be sure, see two or more board certified and experienced plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation.

I hope this helps.

Juvederm / Filler into the Nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Its hard to tell from your picture if you are a good candidate but it seems as if you are.  The price will be dictated by the individual goals of treatment and the experience of the practitioner.  You should see a cosmetic dermatologist with experience in fillers, especially around the nose.  There are risks associated with fillers in this area including blindness and necrosis of the skin.  If not done correctly the fillers can be seen through the skin as well, and this is called the Tyndall effect.  Make sure to see someone experienced and with a good reputation.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 202 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.