Would a jaw and chin implant improve my appearance? (photos)

Would jaw and chin implant improve my apperence my jaw/chin is small and i would like to improve my appearance

Chin implant candidate

The photographs demonstrate a weak and recessive chin profile for which a chin implant can improve. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, are composed of Silastic, and are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. For more information and many chin implant before and after results,  please see the link and the video below

Chin and Jaw Implants

The combination of chin and jaw angle implants would be beneficial and would be determined by looking at computer imaging. The chin needs some degree of horizontal projection with a more square shape while the jaw angles need more width.

Candidate for a chin augmentation

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

CHIN AUGMENTATION

Dear drlord, You have a slightly recessive chin which can be addressed with chin augmentation surgery. This will provide better balance to your profile and overall facial aesthetics. Seek consultations with some experts and have imaging performed to show you how these changes will look. See examples in the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Chin

Your chin is mildly weak (underprojected). A chin implant can be placed through a small incision under the chin. It is a procedure with a relatively easy recovery period. Good luck. Best Dr H

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin

Your chin appears mildly undersized . You would benefit from a chin implant, a relatively simple procedure that can be done in an office with local anesthesia.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Would a jaw and chin implant improve my appearance?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), the chin is weak (as mentioned above) as are the mandibular angles.  This combines to create an elongated oval shaped face.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

*Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
*Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
*Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.Hope this helps.